BrianG
Topic Author

Rules Clarifications: Effects of Advantages and Disadvantages

Thu 13 Jul 2023, 05:29

I am a noob at this system and preparing to GM it. I want to make sure I get some of the basics correct.

From page 23; the "Advantage" section under "Rolling Dice"; it states; "Under some circumstances, you get an advantage to your roll, which means you get a third die to roll, counting all . Conversely, you can also get a disadvantage, which removes one of your Base Dice (the lower one)."
Can I infer that adding a third die means adding the LOWER die of the two or is that just specifically for a disadvantage?

Also, if two advantage circumstances exist or two disadvantage circumstances exist. For example; firing at a target that is both small and in the dark, how does one apply both disadvantages? Would both dice be removed? Would one be lowered in D size? If both are removed, is the attacker simply not given a roll or is allowed to roll only if they push?

Fenhorn

Re: Rules Clarifications: Effects of Advantages and Disadvantages

Thu 13 Jul 2023, 05:39

On p.23 you have a brief explanation of how the rules work, the proper rules of this can be found on p.56.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

BrianG
Topic Author

Re: Rules Clarifications: Effects of Advantages and Disadvantages

Thu 13 Jul 2023, 06:08

Thank you so much! I missed this whole section and thought pg 23 was all there was. I am good now.