Praetorian_1974
Topic Author

Foundry VTT v11 support

Mon 12 Jun 2023, 11:24

HI all, I have recently pulled down Foundry V11 to have a tinker, it appears that bladerunner is not compatible with V11 - the error states v10 or older is supported.

to you have a plan for updates to the foundry game system and modules to be v11 compatible?

(I will be posting in other game boards here, highlighting some issues with e.g. forbidden lands system and modules as fbl is v11 compatible (sort of))

thanks

Praetorian

Fenhorn

Re: Foundry VTT v11 support

Mon 12 Jun 2023, 12:02

I will give the same answer here that I gave in the fbl section.

It can be so that the foundry system and modules haven't been updated for v11 yet.

You can ask and also get help over at Foundry VTT discord and perhaps also at Year Zero Worlds discord. There is a channel for free league games at the foundry discord and the year zero worlds server have a vtt channel.

edit: It looks that neither the system or the module have been updated to v11 yet. This can be seen at FLs foundry vtt overview page.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Colgrevance

Tue 13 Jun 2023, 11:08

While I appreciate you trying to help, Fenhorn - as the module is created and sold by Fria Ligan and not by Foundry Gaming, I'd really prefer it if we could get an answer here on the official FL forums (though I guess it might be better to use the contact form for that).

Fenhorn

Tue 13 Jun 2023, 11:39

While I appreciate you trying to help, Fenhorn - as the module is created and sold by Fria Ligan and not by Foundry Gaming, I'd really prefer it if we could get an answer here on the official FL forums (though I guess it might be better to use the contact form for that).
This is the official forum for the games, yes, but for help with online platforms, you need to go to that platforms help channel.

Free League have a channel over at the foundry vtt discord. The creators of the foundry systems/modules for FLs games can be found there, they aren't here.

Otherwise you can always visit FLs online resource site to see what systems/modules that are being updated.

When it comes to updates for the systems/modules, it takes time to do so there will always be a delay here. A golden rule is not to update Foundry until you know that systems/modules that you use support it. Also, if you need to, you can have multiple versions of foundry installed (v10 and v11 for example).

You can also email support@frialigan.se.

Colgrevance

Wed 14 Jun 2023, 09:20

Free League have a channel over at the foundry vtt discord. The creators of the foundry systems/modules for FLs games can be found there, they aren't here.
And considering this is the official webpage/forum for all things FL, and looking at the amount of Foundry v11 questions here, I think this is a mistake.

Fenhorn

Wed 14 Jun 2023, 09:53

And considering this is the official webpage/forum for all things FL, and looking at the amount of Foundry v11 questions here, I think this is a mistake.
On FLs online resource site (above), FL writes what system/modules are updated when they are updated.

The various systems/modules are not made by FL themselves, they are made by third party people that have been commissioned to do this. To upgrade the systems/modules takes time so when foundry updates, it will take time for the various commissioned creators to upgrade the systems/modules. This is the reason you shouldn't upgrade foundry until you know that the various systems/modules you use have been adapted for it. You can also have multiple versions of foundry installed, like both v10 and v11.

And regarding the Foundry v11 questions, the number of questions here are next to none. Some that asks when it is updated and as I said, questions regarding foundry are best asked over at the foundry discord because the various makers of the systems/modules are there as well as tons of other people that really knows foundry. If you would ask a vtt question here, sure, you can be lucky that someone actually knows the answer, but if I would answer such questions then I need to go to free leagues channel over at the foundry discord and ask because the maker of the module is there, he is not here and regarding FL, then, they are here when they are doing feedback runs and sometimes answering questions about the game. If they was to answer vtt questions then they have to contact the creators and ask them and then come back there and post the answer, but then you can skip the middle man (me or FL) and ask the creator yourself on a platform that foundry uses for support, that will be a lot faster.