ODB63
Topic Author

Firearms

Fri 12 May 2023, 23:27

I understand why there is a lack of firearm diversity in the game(especially egregious for American consumers).
2037 isn't far away, so taking that and history into light, more diverse firearms are upcoming. They'll add a bit more flavor to your game. (Not everyone drops a PKD, and some could be exotic). Stay tuned.

CJBeiting

Re: Firearms

Sat 20 May 2023, 00:13

As an American, I am always glad to see more guns.

But I am wondering if we can also see more vehicles in future Blade Runner products. I finally saw "Blade Runner: Black Lotus", and can now recognize where the Spinner Bikes in the Core Rulebook came from. But the Blade Runner Core Rulebook left out a couple of interesting vehicles, like:

-Luv's Spinner (from Blade Runner: 2049) [an Astin Martin model?]
-Marlowe's Spinner (from Blade Runner: Black Lotus) [the red one]
-the Police Spinner (from Blade Runner: Black Lotus)

Looking forward to the next Blade Runner RPG sourcebook.

Finegan

Mon 03 Jul 2023, 07:37

Hello,

Indeed, there seem to be a few notable vehicles missing from the Blade Runner Core Rulebook, such as Luv's Spinner in Blade Runner 2049 and Marlowe's Spinner in Blade Runner: Black Lotus. Hopefully, the next Blade Runner RPG sourcebook will include these vehicles and many more.

BrianG

Mon 17 Jul 2023, 11:44

I second all of these posts. A lot has been made about how this is not a gun-bunnies game and that it is more about the plot and world created. I get that.

However, I would respond to say that when we go to a game like this, where we have so much agency to "House Rule" the game to our liking, our biggest fear is that we will break the mechanics of the game in some way. Almost all RPG mechanics hinge mostly on their combat system. This is where we look to hopefully have all the items we would like to see listed by the people who designed the game so that we don't "house rule" an item that can break game mechanics as designed. If you allude to a weapons existence, it should have stats listed (ex. Heavy Machine Guns on the Detective Special).

Also, in a game like this that is so married to the movies it is based on, we want to see all the gear that we saw in the films. Even that electrical harpoon thingie. We have almost the entirety of the scripts quoted as by-lines, why not have all the gear?

That said, I agree I don't need to see the stats for M1 Garands and Ballistae in this game. I am not asking for GURPS.

(I know that this comment is a critical note; I should mention that I love the game so far and all the mechanics. These notes are not meant to say I don't fully appreciate this game and it's system, these are just suggestions for future work)