Squadfather46
Topic Author

Fledgling Loremaster with questions

Wed 12 Apr 2023, 18:05

Hello everyone, I recently picked up a copy of The One Ring corebook and was working on various ideas for a campaign. I do have a couple questions that I hope you can help me with.

I know the corebook has an adventure in it, but about the other products? What adventures are in the boxed Starter Set?

I was also thinking of converting a couple adventures from the Eriador Adventures book of The Adventures in Middle Earth rpg game. Do you have any suggestions or advice to handle that or just in general?

Hornbach

Re: Fledgling Loremaster with questions

Wed 12 Apr 2023, 18:21

I know the corebook has an adventure in it, but about the other products? What adventures are in the boxed Starter Set?
The boxed starter set has 5 connected short Shire adventures for a group of pre-generated hobbits sent by Bilbo - in an adventure book. It also has some mini-adventure hooks and events scattered throughout its book on the Shire and its locations.

There's also the Ruins of the Lost Realm, which has material on many locations with hooks here and there, as well as 3 overarching storylines, and also has 12 "landmarks," which are places to explore, with details around which to build adventures.

The Loremaster screen comes with a short book on Rivendell.

Soon another book will be coming out with 6 more adventures in Eriador.

Squadfather46
Topic Author

Wed 12 Apr 2023, 19:01

Thank you for the information!

Laureasairon

Thu 20 Apr 2023, 23:16

So can the roll tables and events from "The Shire" be incorporated into "The Adventures"? For example, when Bilbo first sends out the party and they reach Overhill, is it acceptable to have them follow that mushroom lady into the forest?

TherorSilverhelm

Fri 21 Apr 2023, 09:20

Absolutely they can, if you are comfortable enough as a LM to flesh them out and run them as interludes to the written adventures. I'd personally look to drop them in as potential hooks/leads for the characters to engage with in between or after the written adventures, given that some of the written adventures are somewhat time-sensitive (though this also provides an interesting way to alter the written adventures if the player's decide to spend time on a side-quest).