Thrag
Topic Author

Posting scenarios for community use (and feedback)

Fri 24 Mar 2023, 18:53

In posting this here (General), even though it's more for GMs (since it's a usable scenario).

At a local game convention, I am running a scenario for EACH of 1e and 4e. :)

For the 1e scenario, I am using core rules with Twilight Encounters combat (and a bit of homegrown additions to those rules). Since I am Canadian, the PCs are members of the Royal 22e Regiment ("Van Doos") seconded to the 4-12 Cavalry (U.S.). The scenario is called "Escape to Karlino" (since that is where the Canadian HQ resides, core rules I believe).

My 4e scenario, is set in Sweden, called Operation: Driva Ut (Swedish speakers, forgive me if that improper use of the language!) The PCs are members of the Skaraborg Armored Brigade. Historically, this brigade/regiment contains two mechanized battalions which contains multiple mechanized infantry companies (using STRF/CV 90s as transports). This explains why many of the pre-generated characters are infantry.

I have created pre-generated characters (each with a back story that complements the scenario story), strategic map tokens (to explain the military actions leading up to D+6), intel and motivation cards (specific to this scenario and characters), and a 16-page scenario document (using the Free League Workshop format). As best as possible, all content is based on canon documents.

My question is should I post the scenario and resource documents HERE, for perusal by the fine gamers who use this forum? My goal is to share what I have done with the community, and maybe get some feedback on these materials. Ultimately, I plan to post all of these materials to DriveThru (based on the FLW recommendations), probably at no cost. Where is the best place to post them (General, GM sub-forums) and am I even allowed to post documents here?

Thanks in advance for your advice. It's nice to be part of this community!
"If I'm happy, I'm less abusive to the rest of you." -- Homer Simpson

FatherJ_ct

Re: Posting scenarios for community use (and feedback)

Mon 03 Apr 2023, 09:05

If allowed here in the free league forums, I would opt/suggest for posting to GM sub forum if it is full scenario ("spoilers"). Nothing is really preventing regular "players" from going into those forums, but it is understood that material there is intended for GMs and would likely spoil things for players.

There are people that share their material out on DriveThruRPG (some as free, some pay what you want, and others at varied costs).

Discord servers: twilight 2000 or year zero worlds are other places to share content.

Oddball_E8

Tue 04 Apr 2023, 12:29

My 4e scenario, is set in Sweden, called Operation: Driva Ut (Swedish speakers, forgive me if that improper use of the language!) The PCs are members of the Skaraborg Armored Brigade. Historically, this brigade/regiment contains two mechanized battalions which contains multiple mechanized infantry companies (using STRF/CV 90s as transports). This explains why many of the pre-generated characters are infantry.
I suppose the proper naming convention for that Op would be "Driv Ut!".

Driva Ut would be translated from "Drive out" in the meaning of "expelling" instad of driving a vehicle?
In that case Driv[a] would be as if you put 'the' in front of Drive.

I don't know if I'm making this clear... I'm in a rush as I have to go to work in like 2 minutes.

Thrag
Topic Author

Wed 05 Apr 2023, 22:27

Driva Ut would be translated from "Drive out" in the meaning of "expelling" instad of driving a vehicle?
I
Actually, that is EXACTLY what I meant! :)

From the introduction to my scenario: "Unofficially, the Swedish command asked for all of its troops to band together and harass the Soviet troops in a ad-hoc guerrilla war. Operation: Driva Ut has begun…" In other words, the intention is to 'drive out' the foreign invaders (Soviet troops).

Does that make more sense?

Thrag
Topic Author

Wed 05 Apr 2023, 23:09

If allowed here in the free league forums, I would opt/suggest for posting to GM sub forum if it is full scenario ("spoilers"). Nothing is really preventing regular "players" from going into those forums, but it is understood that material there is intended for GMs and would likely spoil things for players.

Yeah, that is what I thought (so thanks for confirming!)

There are people that share their material out on DriveThruRPG (some as free, some pay what you want, and others at varied costs).

That is what I am planning to do, but I wanted some feedback from this community first. Before I post something to DTRPG, I want it to be in 'finished' form (fully edited),

Discord servers: twilight 2000 or year zero worlds are other places to share content.

Awesome! I didn't think about that! Perhaps I will post it there first...

Oddball_E8

Fri 07 Apr 2023, 23:10

I
Actually, that is EXACTLY what I meant! :)

From the introduction to my scenario: "Unofficially, the Swedish command asked for all of its troops to band together and harass the Soviet troops in a ad-hoc guerrilla war. Operation: Driva Ut has begun…" In other words, the intention is to 'drive out' the foreign invaders (Soviet troops).

Does that make more sense?
Yes.

So the correct translation would be "Driv Ut" in that case.