Farydia
Topic Author

Chapel and re-rolls

Thu 09 Mar 2023, 23:22

The rulebook says about the Chapel ship module:
An area reserved for worshipping the Icons, with eight visible Icons, and an asymmetry in their placement (or an empty alcove) for the Faceless One. Grants a +1 to the prayer reroll for the entire crew (page 55), as well as a bonus to portal jumps (page 139).
Does that mean,
a) The crew of a ship with a chapel will always re-roll with one additional die?
OR
b) The crew of a ship with a chapel will re-roll with one additional die while on board the ship?
OR
c) If you pray in the ship's chapel you get a +1 bonus to re-rolls associated to the Icon you prayed to (which would make this basically as effective as praying without chapel, so I guess not)?
OR
d) If you pray in the ship's chapel, you get a +2 bonus to re-rolls associated to the Icon you prayed to, i. e. it's a convoluted way to say it counts as a chapel for praying?

Anung

Re: Chapel and re-rolls

Tue 14 Mar 2023, 11:34

For most of these, as per usual, itll be up to the GM to make a ruling for what applies. But as far as answers go, heres my 2 birr's worth;

A: Yes. Having used up valuable space on your ship for a chapel to please the Icons is enough to always get a +1
B: Up to the GM but as long as that ship is their home, yes. See A.
C: i think you answered your own question there :)
D: Yes, effectively +2 if you pray in the chapel before venturing into a situation where you might need to reroll. It does say as much in the rules at page 55.

Farydia
Topic Author

Wed 15 Mar 2023, 01:12

So the answer is A, B and D? :D
Joking aside, I think you are leaning towards A being the answer?

Anung

Thu 16 Mar 2023, 13:04

Haha, yeah i guess i lean more towards A but i think all questions have merit and i wanted to give input without directing you towards an ultimate answer. ☺
If youre the GM, i think you can rule in any of the options' favor! But for D, the chapel does grant you a +2 for prayers, so the bonus isnt only a pure +1 for everyones rerolls. :)