Harlath

Re: Tales From the Lone-Lands! New adventure book from FL

Fri 10 Mar 2023, 14:03

Sounds good, GH did some work on TOR1?

Either way, he's had a hand in some pretty good stuff.

Nice to see another release for this (since I've just started a pbp game.)
He led the work on Ruins of the Lost Realm for 2e.

He wrote the excellently (and excellently reviewed) Darkening of Mirkwood 1e campaign, alongside Heart of the Wild and Tales from Wilderland (Francesco Nepitello and a bunch of other folk get prominent credits on some of these too for additional writing). Gets the feel and tone of Middle Earth right.

In particular, he's written a lot of adventure path/campaign stuff that has been critically acclaimed, albeit I only personally know his TOR work: The Dracula Dossier (Night's Black Agents), Eyes of the Stone Thief (13th Age), Pirates of Drinax (Traveller).

He's also a novelist, and I should check out his books one day as I like his RPG stuff.

Good luck on your play by post game! I'm playing in some and running one, where we're just finishing out first adventure. Play by post for me for the foreseeable as I've just had my second child.

Andwise

Fri 10 Mar 2023, 23:45

This looks great. Love the artwork. Just beautiful. Does this mean there is no Moria? Or is it delayed?

Harlath

Sat 11 Mar 2023, 00:13

This looks great. Love the artwork. Just beautiful. Does this mean there is no Moria? Or is it delayed?
Not at all. This book was always planned to come out first. Fria Ligan have said on videos that we should hear more about Moria later this year.

Lots of the writing (95%) for Moria is done according to the author, on to development and presumably time for layout, proofing and other things. :) https://twitter.com/mytholder/status/16 ... 2ngKotAAAA

Voronwe

Sat 11 Mar 2023, 19:04

Thanks for sharing!

Dunheved

Sun 12 Mar 2023, 19:26

This is good news. Sample adventures have always been good suggestions for LM s.

And, importantly Moria will feel one step closer.

gyrovague

Wed 15 Mar 2023, 01:02

Even though I haven't been playing TOR2, and don't really have plans to, I am of course going to have to add this to the collection.

PzVIE

Wed 15 Mar 2023, 09:16

Ah, very excited. And very nice to see that the game is well supported!

silverfoxdmt73

Wed 15 Mar 2023, 12:46

Sounds good, GH did some work on TOR1?

Either way, he's had a hand in some pretty good stuff.

Nice to see another release for this (since I've just started a pbp game.)
He led the work on Ruins of the Lost Realm for 2e.

He wrote the excellently (and excellently reviewed) Darkening of Mirkwood 1e campaign, alongside Heart of the Wild and Tales from Wilderland (Francesco Nepitello and a bunch of other folk get prominent credits on some of these too for additional writing). Gets the feel and tone of Middle Earth right.

In particular, he's written a lot of adventure path/campaign stuff that has been critically acclaimed, albeit I only personally know his TOR work: The Dracula Dossier (Night's Black Agents), Eyes of the Stone Thief (13th Age), Pirates of Drinax (Traveller).

He's also a novelist, and I should check out his books one day as I like his RPG stuff.

Good luck on your play by post game! I'm playing in some and running one, where we're just finishing out first adventure. Play by post for me for the foreseeable as I've just had my second child.
Cool. Looking forward to picking it up when it's released.

Thanks. I'm just about to start. We have two Dwarves, a Hobbit, Bree-lander, Ranger and a Barding. I'm starting out at the Midsummer's Eve festival in Bree with some increasingly important journeys thereafter.

Congratulations by the way!

pbp comes in handy when you can't guarantee a regular scheduled game, so I'm happy to be running TOR. I've got a Coriolis and Mutant Year Zero game going on the same forum too.

Harlath

Wed 15 Mar 2023, 15:17

Cheers! Enjoying running play by post again, and thanks for the congratulations.

That's a good sized group you've got, enjoy.

Calle

Wed 05 Apr 2023, 18:42

Any update yet about release date?