Fenhorn

Re: T2k Support and Publishing Plans

Thu 19 Jan 2023, 10:10

For those of us that bought the game from our local shop, when will bits and mortar get these updated PDFs?

Thanks
You get all PDFs through drivethru and those are automatically updated. It doesn't matter how you got the PDF. The only PDF that you can get through other means are sometimes the beta PDFs during kickstarters.
I've never gotten a PDF for the boxed set from Drivethru...I got my PDF through the service Free League uses https://www.bits-and-mortar.com/ the site isn't connected with Drive thru but is used by Free League, I was wondering when FL was going to upload the current PDF to Bitsandmortar so those of use using that service can get the updated copy.
Email support@frialigan.se
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

pestigor

Thu 19 Jan 2023, 17:40

Thanks, Fenhorn. Will do!

Viperion_NZ

Fri 27 Jan 2023, 11:54

Check your library on drivethru. Updates happens automatically.
Cool, got the updated version; is there a changelog somewhere?

Fenhorn

Fri 27 Jan 2023, 12:59

Check your library on drivethru. Updates happens automatically.
Cool, got the updated version; is there a changelog somewhere?
Players' Manual:
  • Page 66: The ammo dice rules have been clarified and slightly modified.
  • Page 112: Fragmentation grenades and improvised grenades no longer have a direct damage effect. (The infographs for the grenades are still wrong, but FL knows this so this will be fixed in a future update).
  • Page 113: HE rounds for vehicle cannons up to 73mm have slightly increased armor penetration.
Referee's Manual:
  • Page 11: Clarifies that the Operation Reset offensive was launched in April 2000.

Viperion_NZ

Sat 28 Jan 2023, 01:05

Where did you get that from? Teach a man to fish, and all that ;)

Fenhorn

Sat 28 Jan 2023, 01:15

Where did you get that from? Teach a man to fish, and all that ;)
There was an email about the update. Perhaps it was lost as spam for some.

Viperion_NZ

Sat 28 Jan 2023, 01:17

Hmmmm... might have to check which emails they're sending to, I didn't get an email from Free League or DriveThru about an update (and I clear out my spam folder regularly)

Fenhorn

Sat 28 Jan 2023, 01:24

Hmmmm... might have to check which emails they're sending to, I didn't get an email from Free League or DriveThru about an update (and I clear out my spam folder regularly)
It comes from drivethru, you can set which publishers you want to get updates from (under our account). On drivethru in your library you can also see some update info by hovering the i icon.

Ursus Maior

Mon 06 Feb 2023, 18:24

Different topic:

With fragmentation and improvised hand grenades having lost their direct damage effects the question remains, what the crit values are (maybe refering to other blast weapons would be sufficient?).
Is there already news on the crit level for hand grenades? As per the table on p. 68 (PM), crit levels are +/-1 of the damage value of explosions. With the relative low level of hand grenade explosions in mind, but considering that the base damage is "0", I feel that a crit value of "1" would be within reasonable range compared to other explosions and reflecting actual lethality of hand grenades.

I must admit, I'm not too happy with the solution of reducing base damage to "0", because it means that the maximum damage achievable is "2" for hand grenades. That makes it impossible to harm or even critically injure characters eqquipped with heavy armor, unless an uncovered location is hit. Also, a person with any form of protection in the form of armor value need not fear critical hits from hand grenades, as no critical injuries could happen. Effectively, this means that hand grenades cannot "kill" characters, since fatal injuries are soley the product of critical injuries in T2K. That seems to be a gross misconception of the battle field impact hand grenades have.

Additionally, I don't get, why a hand grenade with its blast power of "C" should have so much less base damage than any ordinary type "C" explosion? Certainly a device especially constructed for the explosion and destruction of personell should not be inferior in effect to any regular type of explosion with the same basic power?

Finally, I would argue in favor of a blast power or other damage modifier in enclosed spaces, especially if they are roofed. Something like +1 damage for 3 or more walls and +1 for a roof, alternatively shifts upward in the blast column could be applied or a reduction of the crit value could be considered.

Note: The example for explosions on p. 68 (PM) uses a hand grenade for its calculations and should also be revised, reflecting new rules.
liber & infractus

Vcutter

Tue 07 Feb 2023, 13:53

Also, a person with any form of protection in the form of armor value need not fear critical hits from hand grenades, as no critical injuries could happen
But this refers to only the areas covered by armor, right? Rolling 2 hits would inflict a crit if there is no protection?

In general the effectiviness of grenades is exaggarated in games, they are not as powerful tool as many think they are. That being said, not having a chance to incapacitate with one seems rather odd and gameplaywise rather boring. Though indoors the blast power is increased by one step as in UO p.16 so there is that at least.

But yeah, I also wonder where the need to "nerf" grenades came from? I mean they have been working ok in my games so far with the older rules.