Von Ether

Re: Dragonbane BETA v2 Rulebook Feedback - Chapter 4 Combat & Damage

Wed 01 Feb 2023, 05:12

The concept of flanking/ganging-up seems like it comes through other action synergies, rather than a specific rule for it. One person knocks an oppent over, the other gets D6 extra damage on them. On person uses up their parry/evade, the other whollops em. One person has backstab, and just... backstabs em.
I don't think there needs to be a bespoke rule to represent outnumbering an opponent, because all that comes through pretty clearly with the existing mechanics.
Ah! This is what I mean when I speak about game not being tactical, like Pathfinder vs Savage Worlds, which is.

I'm not saying there are gaming decisions in Pathfinder, but they equate to picking up bonuses for your die by preset actions and conditions relying on character build. In Savage Worlds, you use game rule available to everyone to create teamwork and use the terrain to your advantage. Those do gather bonuses but more based on using cover and outcomes of the fight.

koeterwaal

Sat 04 Feb 2023, 13:09

Page 47 Dodging - Movement
Says something about falling after dodging and moving 2m in any direction. Do i fall if i chose to move these 2m after dodging? Do i fall every time i dodge? Unclear to me.

[Page 50:
Under Armor Rating is this sentence:
(see Durability on page 46)
Doesn't make any sense imo. I get no further info there about Durability regarding Armor Rating.
Edit: Ok, i unstand it now.]

Page 50:
Under Death Roll:
...a roll against you CON.
YOUR would be correct.

Page 50:
Is a Death Roll an Action?
Last edited by koeterwaal on Sat 04 Feb 2023, 13:46, edited 1 time in total.

koeterwaal

Sat 04 Feb 2023, 13:38

i thought of combat rolls as opposed rolls at first, could be useful to clarify