redrumrabbit
Topic Author

Mutant År noll: Det sista motståndet translation when?

Fri 13 Jan 2023, 08:43

Do we have any updates or news on when this zone compedium will be translated? (Same with Mutant: Hindenberg really) I'd love to play it! I'm absolute mega-fan of the year-zero system. I've tried to translate the book through an auto-translator but it didn't come out very coherently. Do we know how much it'd cost to have this book translated by a fan or a professional?

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/31 ... motstandet

Fenhorn

Re: Mutant År noll: Det sista motståndet translation when?

Fri 13 Jan 2023, 10:52

It wasn't written by FL so I guess that is the reason it hasn't been translated yet and since they haven't translated it by now, I hardly think they will.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

redrumrabbit
Topic Author

Sun 15 Jan 2023, 00:41

It's not written by Free League? It says it was published by Free League Publishing and "Fria Ligan" is at the top of the cover. I also don't see a YZ workshop emblem on any part of it. I think it's made by FL.

Fenhorn

Sun 15 Jan 2023, 01:23

It's not written by Free League? It says it was published by Free League Publishing and "Fria Ligan" is at the top of the cover. I also don't see a YZ workshop emblem on any part of it. I think it's made by FL.
It was published by FL, but not written by them. It was part of a stretchgoal for a book about the history of the mutant game. I don't know why they haven't translated it, but there may be some sort of agreement between FL and Jimmy Wilhelmsson (that was the person behind the mutant book).

There are some people that have been asking about this, but so far neither FL or Jimmy have commented on it, at least not what I remember.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

redrumrabbit
Topic Author

Mon 16 Jan 2023, 17:54

Huh, very interesting! Thank you for your insight, that is really good stuff.