Mufasa
Topic Author

In Search of.. Story content for Coriolis

Sun 15 Jan 2023, 22:12

Coriolis is rich in setting, it's taking me months of constant thinking and reading (Rulebook, Atlas, fan content) to absorb and identify what I think the key ingredients are.

Then I found this on Goodreads: Coriolis: The Dark Between the Stars, by Mattias Lilja
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22053663-coriolis

Except, I can't find the dang book anywhere. Why are you teasing me FL? Why? Can I buy a copy? I know it's probably a money thing - I get it. How many others out there would buy it? Well, there is ONE right here. I hope there are more.

IMO - Coriolis is one of the best settings in FL, and in TTRPs in general. I can extrapolate on this and list why, but that's another post.

OrunII

Re: In Search of.. Story content for Coriolis

Thu 02 Feb 2023, 16:31

Hi there

I had the same issue and got it from Apple Books, this was less than a year ago.

Anung

Mon 13 Mar 2023, 09:12

oh, i didnt know this existed! Looks like its based on 1ed, based on that logo on the top. Nice find! ill have to see if i can find it :)

JohnK

Thu 16 Mar 2023, 19:48

Hullo, Mufasa,
Coriolis is rich in setting, it's taking me months of constant thinking and reading (Rulebook, Atlas, fan content) to absorb and identify what I think the key ingredients are.
Interesting comment here. I'm curious as to what you think the key ingredients of Coriolis - The Third Horizon are. The game has a good number of themes, all wrapped in the richly textured Arabian Nights vibe, but I know a lot of gamers who've claimed that they feel the game is too murky at times.
Then I found this on Goodreads: Coriolis: The Dark Between the Stars, by Mattias Lilja
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22053663-coriolis

Except, I can't find the dang book anywhere. Why are you teasing me FL? Why? Can I buy a copy? I know it's probably a money thing - I get it. How many others out there would buy it? Well, there is ONE right here. I hope there are more.
I know that I'm another person who would like to see a print version of the novel/novella, to be honest. While money may have something to do with it, the fact that it's based around the original version of the Coriolis game system likely has something to do with it. That said, I seem to recall that it was a stretch goal for one of the Kickstarters, but that I couldn't access it anyway because of the format it was (e-)pubbed in.

Hopefully, if Tomas or one of the other Free League folks are reading this thread, perhaps they'll pop in here and add their 2 birr to the mix. (Though it seems that the Coriolis forums have been abandoned to their own devices by the Fria Ligan folks.) Sadly.

I'd still like to see a print version of the novel/novella.
...As for the border, the border is wherever the fleet sits at the moment. (Downbelow Station by C.J. Cherryh)

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com