Tomas
Site Admin
Topic Author

Beta Feedback - Wake of the Icons

Tue 08 Nov 2022, 17:41

Hi!

Please use this thread to report any typos or errors in the Beta PDF of Wake of the Icons. Guidelines to remember:
  • Before reporting an error, please check and see if it already has been reported, and if so, don't report it again.
  • If you want to discuss or feedback something that is not a clear error, don't do it here - instead, please start a new forum post the specific issue.
Please report your feedback no later than December 31, 2022. After this date, we are likely not able to make any further changes.

Thank you!
Fria Ligan

Lurking Grue

Re: Beta Feedback - Wake of the Icons

Fri 11 Nov 2022, 19:50

Have only had time to read the first 15 pages of the Introduction and found two things:
- On p. 12 under The Spies, 9th line goes: "and transmitting the data to three waiting couriers vessels." I would think the word "couriers" should be "courier". The plural form of a courier vessel is courier vessels, not couriers vessels, AFAIK (big caveat, English is not my first language).
- On p. 13 in the Timeline sidebar the last item on the list has an "orphan" comma at the beginning of the third line. It should be at the end of the previous line.
- As an extra thing outside the Introduction that caught my eye while browsing the book, on p. 34 Table 06 the dice notation should be 1D66 (or D66) as the results are 11-66, not 2D6 (with results being 2-12).
"It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."

jonathanpay

Wed 14 Dec 2022, 06:16

I've not read through everything in detail, but one thing that has jumped out at me is on p188 the heading "the lew legion" souls be, in guessing "the new legion"?
Christian. Husband. Father. Antipodean. Egalitarian. Cinephile. Boardgame and ttrpg enthusiast. Jack-of-all-trades. World's first second-generation email geek.

jonathanpay

Wed 14 Dec 2022, 06:36

Also, more of a semantic preference but there are a few instances of "changed for good", where id rather see "changed dramatically" or drastically. Just not "good" which also implies the changes are for the better.
Christian. Husband. Father. Antipodean. Egalitarian. Cinephile. Boardgame and ttrpg enthusiast. Jack-of-all-trades. World's first second-generation email geek.

gcg

Wed 28 Dec 2022, 18:19

p. 6 : 3rd paragraph, "the survivors try to come together to rebuild the Coriolis station". A dot at the end of the line is missing.

gcg

Wed 28 Dec 2022, 18:23

p. 13 : Timeline sidebar, last entry : a comma is at the beginning of the line. It should be attached to "C164 (CC65)"

Sgirra

Fri 06 Jan 2023, 11:02

p. 65: Righ column, under An official word
... and the broadcast comes straight from the emir’s palace in Dar Bahri (see “The Emir’s Speech”).
There is no emir’s speech. Is there a whole paragraph missing?