exilautor
Topic Author

Standard Solution for corrupted mystic NPCs

Wed 28 Dec 2022, 16:29

How do you handle the archetype of a corrupted wizard NPC, i.e. an evil mage that does not care much about collecting corruption points due to a lack of birthday invitations?

As far as I can see this magic using NPC would be able throw off a good amount of spells against the party in a combat encounter.

Solutions I thought of so far:
a. Banning this archetype from the game (i.e. all NPC mystics are conservative corruption accumulators).
b. Raising the Challange Rating for this kind of foe.
c. Tinkering with the corruption threshold or accumulation of corruption points, resulting in getting thoroughly corrupt more fast (which would be avoided even by this kind of NPC)
d. using a whole different magic system for those kinds of NPC (standard 5e or preset spells or anything like that).

Surprisingly I find no solution for that issue in the 3 corebooks nor on this forum. Maybe there is one standard solution in the adventure compendium (which I have no access to).

zook

Re: Standard Solution for corrupted mystic NPCs

Fri 30 Dec 2022, 19:14

Being corrupted wizard don't mean lack of self-preservation instinct. My bad boys want power not corruption, so they act wise... until pushed.