teramaze
Topic Author

Morrow Project

Sat 19 Nov 2022, 17:20

Has anyone looked into using Tw24 rules with the morrow Project setting ?

Vcutter

Re: Morrow Project

Sun 20 Nov 2022, 15:02

I ran a Morrow Project hack about 3-4 years ago. The 4e wasn't out then but naturally I have pondered about returning to the world of MP at some point and if it happens, it is most likely gonna be with TW4e.
The system fits the world perfectly with the exploration/travel mechanics as well as the "military" approach, after all the Recon teams are very much like military advance teams with some other skillsets thrown in to tackle the various challenges.
What I would probably hack in is the following:
1. More detailed base building. The MP is much more about rebuilding than TW2000. Then again your campaign might focus on other aspects, so it might not be necessary.
2. The "gonzoness", depending on how much you want to include those mutated animals and other stuff. Also you might want to look at developing new disesases or stuff that mechanically acts like chemical weapons/diseases, even radiation (biohazardous attacks etc).
Perhaps check out Mutant: Year Zero for some inspiration in general when it comes to both of those?

Also ammunition is gonna be much more precious resource. Unless you want to handwave things you cannot make modern gunpowder and accelerants out of bat guano:D
This on the other hand opens up the attractiviness of "treasure hunts" for MP caches and safehouses, which might still be intact.

If you ever pursue this further, I'd be interested to hear how it went!

Ursus Maior

Mon 21 Nov 2022, 23:43

All the gonzo stuff can come from Mutant: Year Zero. Since the language of the rules is the same as in T2K, you can pretty much copy and paste from other Year Zero Engine games. I already thought about porting in some specialties from Coriolis. Mostly social stuff.
liber & infractus

teramaze
Topic Author

Tue 06 Dec 2022, 19:41

All the gonzo stuff can come from Mutant: Year Zero. Since the language of the rules is the same as in T2K, you can pretty much copy and paste from other Year Zero Engine games. I already thought about porting in some specialties from Coriolis. Mostly social stuff.
I do not have Mutant year zero may have to look into it.

Oddball_E8

Sun 11 Dec 2022, 12:56

Honestly, Morrow Project just sounds like a US setting for Mutant: Year Zero.

In M:YZ you have Enclaves (hidden bunkers designed to survive the apocalypse and repopulate earth, very much like Prime Base in MP, that's in the Elysium expansion), Genlabs (where experiments were made to mutate animals, that's in Genlab Alpha expansion) and underwater cities where only robots survived (that's the Mechatron expansion).

It really just sounds like Mutant Year Zero, and that's not surprising since it was very much inspired by Morrow Project and other similar games.

So, if you want to play Morrow Project, I'd suggest getting M:YZ and its expansions and make your own version of rules using that and T2K.

(I would avoid Hindenburg and Gray Death, since both of those take place a bit later or a lot later when civilization is starting to come back)

teramaze
Topic Author

Wed 14 Dec 2022, 22:54

Mutant year zero and MArrow Project never came across to me as being that similar to each other from what I read. I am not sure how heavy I would lean into the mutant part to being with.

Oddball_E8

Fri 16 Dec 2022, 08:56

Mutant year zero and MArrow Project never came across to me as being that similar to each other from what I read. I am not sure how heavy I would lean into the mutant part to being with.
I mean, spoilers, but:

The Mutants in M:YZ are all created artificially. They're not natural. So it parallels pretty nicely IMHO. Just one being based in Scandinavia and the other being based in the US... with the US not doing those weird experiments.