twilight
Topic Author

beta pdf is spreads only - please switch to single-page

Mon 05 Dec 2022, 21:16

Currently, the beta pdf is only available as spreads (eg 2 page width layout as if a physical book). Please switch to using the much friendlier single page "flow" layout (eg kinda like old dot-matrix printer page layout). Spreads is great for checking layout and such but FAR worse for reading the pdf.

Fenhorn

Re: beta pdf is spreads only - please switch to single-page

Mon 05 Dec 2022, 21:28

Since I don't like that either, I changed the settings in the PDF reader I use and voila.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Vile Traveller

Mon 05 Dec 2022, 21:33

Currently, the beta pdf is only available as spreads (eg 2 page width layout as if a physical book).
I believe that's just the default display setting. You can change it in your 'view' options for most PDF readers.

I usually switch to spreads even when it's not the default because then I can see what the physical book will look like. And I have very large monitor.
https://dreamscapedesign.net/
Crafting the finest table top role-playing games for your discerning diversion

twilight
Topic Author

Tue 06 Dec 2022, 06:12

Currently, the beta pdf is only available as spreads (eg 2 page width layout as if a physical book).
I believe that's just the default display setting. You can change it in your 'view' options for most PDF readers.

I usually switch to spreads even when it's not the default because then I can see what the physical book will look like. And I have very large monitor.
What do you know. I never realized that. I've always seen pdfs delivered specifically as "spreads" or not (with sometimes options for both formats). I'll have to remember that it is also user-configurable.

Thanks.