Tomas
Site Admin
Topic Author

Dragonbane BETA Rulebook Feedback - Chapter 6 Gear

Wed 30 Nov 2022, 11:47

Hi!

Please use this thread to post feedback and report any typos or errors in chapter 6 of the BETA PDF of the Rulebook Dragonbane. Guidelines to remember:
  • Before reporting an error, please check and see if it already has been reported, and if so, don't report it again.
  • If you feedbacked on something in the Quickstart but it's not changed in the BETA, it's not because we missed it - it's because we made a different assessment. (Typos are a different thing.)
  • Please report your feedback no later than January 31.
Thank you!
Fria Ligan

Ingvar

Re: Dragonbane BETA Rulebook Feedback - Chapter 6 Gear

Wed 30 Nov 2022, 18:07

P 73, uncommon availability

"which does not necessarily mean it will be available in every village."

This is unambiguous in English, but would probably scan better as "which means it will not necessarily be available in every village" (and I would further argue that "necessarily" is not needed, I would guess it is a gloss of "nödvändigtvis").

Sorry, got the page number wrong.

Ingvar

Wed 30 Nov 2022, 18:12

p. 75, Musical instruments

Throughout, "the bard's" is probably better as "a bard's", it is understandable as is, but it just feels wrong, you know.

Ingvar

Wed 30 Nov 2022, 18:16

p. 79

"Increases carrying capacity by 2. A person can only carry one backpack."

Would "use" be better than "carry" here? In Swedish, "bära en ryggsäck" is closer to "use a backpack" in ENglish (the Swedish for "carry a backpack" is, approximately "flytta en ryggsäck").

Von Ether

Thu 01 Dec 2022, 03:48

Page 75
Boots and Cloak provide armor "against damage from hiking (page 102)"

On page 102 there is no direct reference to "damage from hiking" on the Mishap table.

There is a Sprained Ankle that does d6 damage; the cloak seems more like it would apply to situations that do not do direct damage like Downpour or Mosquitos.

Does the statement mean, "against damage from the Mishap Table (Page 102)"
Last edited by Von Ether on Thu 01 Dec 2022, 23:05, edited 1 time in total.

Fenhorn

Thu 01 Dec 2022, 23:00

p.74 Blunt Object, Light should have 'can be thrown'
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Vorshan

Sat 03 Dec 2022, 11:04

Staff seems very weak compared to all other weapons and it's the only two handed one that uses a single damage die.
Comparing it to the Small Wooden Club that has pretty much the same stat line, trading a free hand to increase the chance to topple someone doesn't seem worthwhile to me but I might be missing something.

CEBedford

Sat 03 Dec 2022, 22:13

Page 51: Under “Suffering a Condition “ Semtence 3 should be “You can suffer conditions in multiple ways as well,…” Just missing a plural. Ways instead of way. :)
- Hoodie Infestation

Warhippo

Sun 04 Dec 2022, 10:01

Magic Items

I can’t seem to find much about magic items. Were they left out on purpose? Magic Swords, armour, wands, rings, etc. Can’t find them. For example, combining Magic Seal / Permanence / Fire Blast gives you a flaming magical sword (of sorts). I’m sure that there are far more imaginative spell combos out there - that’s just the first thing that popped up for me :)

If they’re excluded, I think that there should be some sort of explanation as to why they’re not part of the DB game world.

Just noticed that the Wight (p98) suffers half damage from non-magical weapons (there are other monsters that have this sort of resistance) so magic weapons are …. somewhere?

Short Fey

Sun 04 Dec 2022, 11:17

Magic Items

I can’t seem to find much about magic items. Were they left out on purpose? Magic Swords, armour, wands, rings, etc. Can’t find them. For example, combining Magic Seal / Permanence / Fire Blast gives you a flaming magical sword (of sorts). I’m sure that there are far more imaginative spell combos out there - that’s just the first thing that popped up for me :)

If they’re excluded, I think that there should be some sort of explanation as to why they’re not part of the DB game world.

Just noticed that the Wight (p98) suffers half damage from non-magical weapons (there are other monsters that have this sort of resistance) so magic weapons are …. somewhere?
I think that they haven't been added yet. Considering this is a beta, we most likely got everything we need to start trying the game out, but the rest will be added in time.
Beware the fey!