dkdi3983

Re: Dragonbane BETA Rulebook Feedback - Chapter 2 Your Character

Wed 30 Nov 2022, 21:48

p. 12: Mallard's Ability: Ill-Tempered sidebar
The wording for activation is self-contradictory. You can activate this ability if you have the Angry condition… and when you do so, you can choose to gain the Angry condition if you don't already have it. Meaning that you don't actually have to have the Angry condition in order to activate the ability.

I'm unsure what the designers' intent is here.

Suggestion: change this text…
If you have the Angry condition, you can activate this ability (no action) when making a dice roll and get a boon to the roll. You can also choose to become Angry when you activate the ability, if you’re not already.
…to either this (if you need to be Angry to activate the ability)…
If you have the Angry condition, you can activate this ability (no action) when making a dice roll and get a boon to the roll.
…or this (if you don't):
You can activate this ability (no action) when making a dice roll and get a boon to the roll. You can also choose to become Angry when you activate the ability, if you’re not already.

Triquetra

Wed 30 Nov 2022, 23:52

P31 - Advancement Rolls
Advancement Rolls: After placing your marks you roll
a D20 for each of them – if the result exceeds your current
skill level, it is increased by one, up to a maximum
of 18. Once you have made your advancement rolls, you
erase the marks and start over in your next game session.
The text is unclear as to how to interprate rolls. If I have multiple Advancement Marks on the same skill, do I roll 2D20 and then check the combined result against my current skill level, or is it two attempt at increasing my skill level (1D20 check against current skill level)*2 and, if so, do I then potentially increase my skill level by 2? As writen it is could also be interpreted that I should roll 1D20 per Advancement Mark, for say a total of 5D20, then check that total against current skill level for every skill; that's unlikely to be intended, but still. Clarification is needed.

sandor7

Thu 01 Dec 2022, 00:31

p. 14 - Professions table

with "Mage" broken into 3 entries and each given equal weight to the other professions, you are 3 times as likely to be a mage as you are to be any other profession.

perhaps give mage one entry, roll d10, and introduce a nested d3 table for the type of mage?

wylie

Thu 01 Dec 2022, 03:51

Page 26, in the damage bonus block, you have T4
I believe it is supposed to be D4

In trying to drum up some players to playtest with, one asked if the hit points ever go up, or they always going to be equal to your CON. Its not really spelled in the rules. I guess the same question could be asked about willpower.

A suggestion for attributes, something I am going to try is set up an array so all the characters are somewhat equal, similiar to the one in DND. And allow players to adjust one for one up and down on stats.

wylie

Thu 01 Dec 2022, 15:36

The key attribute listed in each profession. Should that be your highest stat or does it have anothert use?

Jay Button

Thu 01 Dec 2022, 16:31

Page 15 Ability Journeyman

Boxed text should say, "Choose Smithing, Carpentry, or Tanning." It currently does not include a statement like that and some players may think that they get all three abilities.

samirvsmachine

Thu 01 Dec 2022, 17:38

Mariner - Sea Legs ability seems situational, I wonder if Mariner could have a second minor ability that could have an use when not in water.

Advancement Rolls - Could we have an example in how the roll works?

wylie

Thu 01 Dec 2022, 19:37

on page 17, in the gear box: if you roll 3-4, or choose, you may get a short bow. You need to add a quiver of arrows, and which type. I noticed that in any other professions that can start with a bow, it mentions quiver, but not what kind of arrow heads. I suggest iron headed considering the cost of some the other gear, as it matches up with the cost of other gear.

Shadowhawk472

Thu 01 Dec 2022, 20:32

On page 25 it states that you can never have an attribute more than 18. In 2 of the tables on page 26 it shows attribute ranges up to 19. Am I missing something or is it a misprint?

Narl

Thu 01 Dec 2022, 21:34

Page 15, Artisan tanning refers to animal armor rating. None of the animals on page 99 have armor ratings.