Sullyred

Re: Errata & Clarifications

Mon 17 Oct 2022, 19:45

Hi Fenhorn,

Thank you so much for your help.
That makes sense now.
It's a shame that the rulebook does not clarify so many aspects of the game.

Fenhorn
Topic Author

Mon 17 Oct 2022, 19:52

Hi Fenhorn,

That makes sense now.
They are working on a new rulebook and PDFs of the two diary cards that has the wrong text on the them. The cards will hopefully be up fairly soon (but sure, that have been said before), the new version of the rulebook will come later (I have no idea how much later).
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Fenhorn
Topic Author

Mon 21 Nov 2022, 14:40

A PDF of the replacement cards have now been uploaded on FLs download site for the game here.

djoker68

Mon 09 Jan 2023, 04:21

Hi Fenhorn,

That makes sense now.
They are working on a new rulebook and PDFs of the two diary cards that has the wrong text on the them. The cards will hopefully be up fairly soon (but sure, that have been said before), the new version of the rulebook will come later (I have no idea how much later).
Good afternoon. When to wait for the rules?

IAmM1ne

Tue 07 Mar 2023, 21:56

Some new about the new rulebook? I am very frustrating with the old one. Thanks

Fenhorn
Topic Author

Thu 09 Mar 2023, 12:15

He (Martin) said that he has been very busy lately but that he will try to find some time somewhere and get it done.

djoker68

Thu 22 Jun 2023, 13:25

He (Martin) said that he has been very busy lately but that he will try to find some time somewhere and get it done.
Good afternoon. Waiting for the rules. For a very long time

Fenhorn
Topic Author

Thu 22 Jun 2023, 13:28

Me too.

IAmM1ne

Wed 18 Oct 2023, 11:03

Me too.
Come on Martin! Give this great game the love it deserves and fix the rules please

MaelstromUK

Thu 07 Dec 2023, 01:52

I finally bit the bullet and tried the game tonight.

I'm really determined to like the game. It has so much going for it. It looks amazing, the production is great, it oozes the theme. I really want to love it!

But it was quite frustrating trying to fight my way through trying to figure out how to play, and coming up against something that wasn't clear in every turn. And then trawling through the forums and BGG trying to find someone who's asked the same thing, and usually managing to!

But I'm still finding things which I missed even after playing: Like 'When a rumour card is completed, regardless if you succeeded or failed it, it is discarded.' - this isn't a clarification, it's such a core part of the rules that's just not written anywhere as far as I can see? That along with the other glaring omission about 'The players can spend their time cubes in any order they wish.'

There is some amazing help and advice being offered by members of this forum and elsewhere. Thanks for that.

It's a complex game, with lots of interacting systems. That's fine. But it needs to be clear.

Please: let the game be what you intended it to be. Pull together a new rulebook (with FAQs) and a clear errata for the original components.

Please?

--

Edit: I enjoyed my second play a lot more; but I still hit issues where it wasn't clear how to play by the rules. Specifically regarding how special conditions applied to machines interact with what happens when you hack them. That was the Firestarter scenario, which actually seemed much more straightforward as a starter scenario to me than the recommended Bot Amok.