Grimmshade
Topic Author

Impossible to kill with low strength

Sun 30 Oct 2022, 03:22

I never noticed this before, but noticed while preparing a case file that is impossible to kill someone with a blunt weapon if your Strength is D or C. Unless I'm missing something, I might need a house rule that if someone is broken, then maybe the second Crit from further damage steps up the die each time or something.
Feels like a normal strength dude with a club should eventually be able to beat someone to death.

BytomMan

Re: Impossible to kill with low strength

Mon 31 Oct 2022, 04:22

That’s technically correct but may not be important to the story whether or not your player or NPC can beat someone to death mechanically. If it’s a player doing the beating then you can probably just narrate it. If it’s an NPC doing the beating on a player I don’t know if I’d even allow that to happen.

Grimmshade
Topic Author

Mon 31 Oct 2022, 14:11

It's just strange that it's mechanically impossible. I guess it fits noir fiction though, where the "hero" is beat down but left alive often. It's easily changed with a house rule or GM fiat too.

Fenhorn

Mon 31 Oct 2022, 14:20

Usually there is some sort of 'Coup de Grace' rule in FL games, but Blade Runner doesn't seem to have that. The easiest fix to this is to do what BytomMan above said, just narrate it, if it fits the situation (and the PC).
Personally I don't think it is necessary though. If a "bad buy" is broken, he is broken, then arrest him.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Petrukuti23

Sat 05 Nov 2022, 07:50

broken, he is broken, then arrest him.