Eztekto
Topic Author

Defence and Attack stunts

Sun 23 Oct 2022, 21:59

While reading, a few questions appeared about stunts in close combat. The attack states that additional damage can be selected multiple times. Does this mean that all other stunts cannot be taken several times? For example, in "defence" there is a stunt to neutralize the opponent's success. Can't you take it multiple times? I saw in other Year Zero games that you can take such stunt several times there, but in Mutants I don't see special permission about that. And if you can, what about the rest? Is there any general restriction on stunts?

Fenhorn

Re: Defence and Attack stunts

Sun 23 Oct 2022, 22:08

Normally a stunt can only be selected once unless the rules say otherwise.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Eztekto
Topic Author

Mon 24 Oct 2022, 14:04

One my friend found that in Swiss rules of mutants u can use in defence more then one time stunts for success neutralise and for raise of initiative. Is that true? And what version of rules more actual? English or Swiss?

Fenhorn

Mon 24 Oct 2022, 15:02

One my friend found that in Swiss rules of mutants u can use in defence more then one time stunts for success neutralise and for raise of initiative. Is that true? And what version of rules more actual? English or Swiss?
This isn't spelled out very good in the rulebook, but Tomas once upon a time said that the idea is that you can only take a stunt once unless the the stunt say "you can choose this multiple times.". The close combat defense stunts, eliminate successes and increase init should be stunts that can be chosen more than once. This was fixed in a later Swedish book (and also in the Swiss rules apparently) but not in the English one.

There are some lingering bugs in the English books (must be a curse or something) like the above for the defender stunts and also that in the English book, stealth stunts will give you a penalty for sneak attacks (it should of course be a bonus).
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Eztekto
Topic Author

Mon 24 Oct 2022, 15:46

This isn't spelled out very good in the rulebook, but Tomas once upon a time said that the idea is that you can only take a stunt once unless the the stunt say "you can choose this multiple times.". The close combat defense stunts, eliminate successes and increase init should be stunts that can be chosen more than once. This was fixed in a later Swedish book (and also in the Swiss rules apparently) but not in the English one.

There are some lingering bugs in the English books (must be a curse or something) like the above for the defender stunts and also that in the English book, stealth stunts will give you a penalty for sneak attacks (it should of course be a bonus).
Thank you very much! It was helpfull.