Kitfox

Re: Heart of Darkness release

Thu 06 Oct 2022, 15:15

Mine arrived this morning (UK)
My views do not necessarily reflect those of the Weyland Yutani Corporation.

Grimmshade

Fri 07 Oct 2022, 01:07

Finally got my US shipping notice!
Was confused at first because I just put in the order for Urban Warfare. I was like that was quick! Then I thought... hmmm, too quick, this must be Blade Runner. Then, I remembered Alien.

Jimbo

Fri 07 Oct 2022, 15:38

Received mine this morning. U.K.

strangecoloursFL

Fri 07 Oct 2022, 16:00

My late UK copy arrived today, yippee!

Now just waiting for the Heart of Darkness Roll20 module to be released so that our regular online group can get together and play it! (still no ETA on that?)

MutantFromMars

Fri 07 Oct 2022, 18:01

So...contacted Free League Support on 22nd September asking about my order. They said they'd speak to the distributor.

Contacted Free League again on 29th September since I'd heard nothing. Got no response.

Took strangecolours suggestion and called GamesQuest on 3rd October. They were very helpful and very apologetic. They couldn't find the order. Then they found the order (because they weren't searching far enough back, I'd pre-ordered right away in March) and said it had been picked and would be shipping, but if I hadn't got it by the end of the week, call back.

Since I'd still heard nothing by today, I called them back, and they were very apologetic. The order had been missed. They promised that it had been picked and would be shipped today (it hasn't yet) or Monday at the latest (let's see). Issues happen, and GamesQuest were very professional, but I'm not overly impressed with the experience here.

Will point out though that I've made LOTS of pre-orders and actual store orders, and never had an issue before with Free League or GamesQuest, but this time round.....not good, and it does make me concerned for Blade Runner, Urban Operations etc...

strangecoloursFL

Fri 07 Oct 2022, 18:35

Yes, regarding GamesQuest - I emailed their support email this Weds - a week after my call when they had "found" my preorder, and committed to send it (and to check for others in the same boat) - because I'd heard nothing.

Later that day (night) I received the Royal Mail dispatch notification, but separately an email from Gamesquest support saying that the customer support email address I had used from their website wasn't the correct one and so it wouldn't be answered(!) - it was the one on their site because I had cut and pasted it...! Anyway two days later (today) HoD arrived.

I'm sorry you had to chase them too - as I said - when I spoke to them on the phone and in my emails I asked them to check whether there were any other "on hold" legacy pre-orders to go out from the same batch.

It would help everyone if there was a direct to customer update email from Free-League or Gamesquest to confirm when the pre-order has been received by the fulfilment centre, before prepping for dispatch. I'm used to that level of comms from other Kickstarted and pre-ordered projects at least.

MutantFromMars

Fri 07 Oct 2022, 23:28

Problem does seem specific to Heart of Darkness pre-orders for some reason, I just got a notification that they'd shipped my copy of Utopia Planitia for STA and I pre-ordered that in August, WAY after the Alien one. Think Free League need to look at why this happened.

KastorKrieg

Sat 08 Oct 2022, 00:26

They straight up lost my copy of Heart of Darkness, it was shipped after all the wait on 12.09 and never arrived. A few days ago I just asked for a refund.

MutantFromMars

Sat 08 Oct 2022, 13:20

They straight up lost my copy of Heart of Darkness, it was shipped after all the wait on 12.09 and never arrived. A few days ago I just asked for a refund.
That's really annoying.

Utopia Planitia turned up fine this morning, but Heart of Darkness is still AWOL. Guess when it works, it works...

Grimmshade

Mon 10 Oct 2022, 18:58

Something is funky in the US too. My order shipped from Indiana on the 5th, literally one state away from me. On the 6th it arrived in Oregon, all the way across the US. Wtf? It has now sat there for 3 days saying "pending". I don't expect to ever get it.