Tomas
Site Admin
Topic Author

Urban Operations Early Access Feedback

Thu 06 Oct 2022, 08:01

Hi!

Please use this thread to post feedback and report any typos or errors in the Early Access PDF for Twilight: 2000 Urban Operations.
Remember – before reporting an error, please check and see if it already has been reported, and if so, don't report it again!
You get the Early Access PDF by pre-ordering in our webshop.

Thank you!
Fria Ligan

Oddball_E8

Re: Urban Operations Early Access Feedback

Thu 06 Oct 2022, 13:50

I'm assuming there will be Swedish names for the NPC's for those of us who are running a Swedish campaign?

Also, on p. 90 it states that Göta Vault is guarded by a Strv 103 C without tracks, but on the picture on p. 91, that tank is a Soviet tank.
Plus, a Strv 103 C without tracks would be a completely useless thing since both the MG's and main gun is aimed using the tracks, so it's basically just an immobile box of steel.

Vader

Thu 06 Oct 2022, 14:16

a Strv 103 C without tracks would be a completely useless thing since both the MG's and main gun is aimed using the tracks, so it's basically just an immobile box of steel.

Yeah — not only immobile, but unable to even nudge its gun sideways. The elevation would still work, as it is done with the road wheels.

The commander's cupola MG would be the only actually useful weapon on the tank, unless the main gun is trained at a choke point on the approach that an approaching enemy must come through.

(Anachronistically though, the tank in the picture seems to be a T-72B3, which was introduced in 2012)
Before you use the word "XENOMORPH" again, you should read this article through:

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/aliens-throwaway-line-confusion

Oddball_E8

Thu 06 Oct 2022, 14:27

(Anachronistically though, the tank in the picture seems to be a T-72B3, which was introduced in 2012)
Yeah, that too, but I suspect the artist just googled soviet tank or something :)

Fenhorn

Thu 06 Oct 2022, 15:09

Moderator Message: Please avoid discussing, keep this thread as clean as possible.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Vader

Thu 06 Oct 2022, 15:33

unless the main gun is trained at a choke point on the approach that an approaching enemy must come through.

Okay; I went and checked. And no, there is no such choke point in the terrain.

You have a nice, flat view along Strandvägen all the way down to Vättern some 200m away, but there is no point that an approaching enemy must come through. All you can do is point the barrel down along Strandvägen and hope the enemy comes marching up the road...

Problem is just that where the picture places the tank, you don't get a view straight down the road; you're at a slight angle, kinda defeating it...
Last edited by Vader on Thu 06 Oct 2022, 15:36, edited 1 time in total.
Before you use the word "XENOMORPH" again, you should read this article through:

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/aliens-throwaway-line-confusion

Fenhorn

Thu 06 Oct 2022, 15:36

unless the main gun is trained at a choke point on the approach that an approaching enemy must come through.

Okay; I went and checked. And no, there is no such choke point in the terrain.

You have a nice, flat view along Strandvägen all the way down to Vättern some 200m away, but there is no point that an approaching enemy must come through. All you can do is point the barrel down along Strandvägen and hope the enemy comes marching up the road...
Moderator Message: I said no discussion here. You can discuss the book elsewhere in a thread of your own.

claidheamh

Thu 06 Oct 2022, 16:26

I can't seem to download the Early Access PDF - when I use the link in my purchase email, DTRPG gives me this message at the top of the screen:

INVALID DISCOUNT MAX USES: THE SPECIAL DISCOUNT YOU ARE TRYING TO USE HAS ALREADY BEEN REDEEMED THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF TIMES ALLOWED

Grimmshade

Thu 06 Oct 2022, 16:34

I'm having difficulties with getting my PDF, so I can't check to see if this is already a thing, but:

Would it be possible to include a page or two in the new book that contains the more important errata for the core game?
Last edited by Grimmshade on Thu 06 Oct 2022, 16:45, edited 1 time in total.

Fenhorn

Thu 06 Oct 2022, 16:40

Email support@frialigan.se if you can't get access to the pdfs.