Oddball_E8

Re: Urban Operations

Thu 06 Oct 2022, 10:56

Hour two of no PDF :(

Me is sad now.

jonathanpay

Thu 06 Oct 2022, 11:03

I said similar things in the Lord of the Rings 5e Forum last week or the week before when that went up for pre-order: Please be patient with Free League's support staff. There's only two of them. The PDFs are shared through DriveThruRPG. They're sent out in batches because there is no automated/transactional way to do this. They have to take all the relevant purchase details, put them into a spreadsheet of some description and then run that through DriveThru. At least that's how I imagine it's done, because there isn't an automated way and the same comments come up every time there's a pre-order.

So please be patient. Some of you may get it straight away, some of you will not, and you might have to wait a day or so. Do send them an email, but give it a day first. They'll add you to the next batch. They might have overlooked you, they're human and spreadsheets and databases are eye-melting things to manage.

There's only two of them. Please be patient. Please be kind.
Last edited by jonathanpay on Thu 06 Oct 2022, 13:51, edited 1 time in total.
Christian. Husband. Father. Antipodean. Egalitarian. Cinephile. Boardgame and ttrpg enthusiast. Jack-of-all-trades. World's first second-generation email geek.

Oddball_E8

Thu 06 Oct 2022, 11:16

I said similar things in the Lord of the Rings Forum. Last week or the week before when that went up for pre-order, Please be patient with support staff. There's only two of them. The PDFs through Dr Thru batched because there is no transactional automated way to do this. So they have to take all the purchase details, put them into a spreadsheet of some description and then run that through drive through. At least that's how I imagine it's done, because there isn't an automated way. So Please be patient. Some of you may get it straight away, some of you will not, and you might have to wait a day or so. If after a day or so. You send them an e-mail. Then cool and they'll get to you. They'll add you to the next batch. They might have overlooked you. There's only two of them. Please be patient. Please be kind.
I will be all of those things.

But I'll still be here whining and being sad :P

I just won't complain directly to them, since I don't want to bother them.

(I still want to vent, though)

Fenhorn

Thu 06 Oct 2022, 11:26

"What's a royal ball? ..." :ugeek:

edit: I didn't get it when I should have gotten it, but I have gotten it now thanks to Daniel. Nice guy.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Oddball_E8

Thu 06 Oct 2022, 13:44

Will there not be a Foundry VTT module for this?

Fenhorn

Thu 06 Oct 2022, 13:47

Will there not be a Foundry VTT module for this?
Probably, along the line.

Vcutter

Thu 06 Oct 2022, 14:30

Oooohh looks like Operation Reset will be a bit of a curveball (p.51)
I really must say after quick browsing that the "Plots" are exactly what TW needs. Good stuff!

pfarland

Thu 06 Oct 2022, 15:22

I've got the code, but it's saying that the maximum number of downloads has been reached.
"Load up, strap in, lock and load, and save the last bullet for yourself."

Fenhorn

Thu 06 Oct 2022, 15:33

I've got the code, but it's saying that the maximum number of downloads has been reached.
I have seen that. Sadly I don't remember what I did to fix it. Test to download it in another webb browser or use the old interface. If that doesn't work contact support@frialigan.se

Marco Rafalà

Thu 06 Oct 2022, 15:56

I pre-ordered and just received the code for the PDF but the PDF is for the 5E Lord of the Rings Roleplaying Game. I didn't download it because that wouldn't be right. I didn't pay for that. Besides, I have TOR2E . What's the email address for customer support? Thanks!