I'm currently rewriting Reforged Power. I have split it into one booklet for the Players and one for the Gamemaster.
And here are some proposed rules for Strongholds, Monsters and also some Artifacts:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArQCBq2tG7xajSMwdm- ... q?e=UqHEt2
This is far from all changes, but I though it could be good start to receive feedback on these for now?
Note that they have not even been proof read by me, so there will be MANY typos, bad sentances, etc.
I have too much to write, so I haven't really have had the time to go back and reread anything yet >.<
can be written here or directly into the documents. I'm primarily looking for things like these:
1. Typos, bad sentences, etc. And propose better sentences, even if the sentence is okay, but could be changed for the better. Unless you object, I'll add all those that contribute to the credits!
2. Are the new Monsters, page 19 (page number 31), fitting? Should lore, etc be changed? Are some things to powerful or too weak?
3. The new monsters lacks monster resources. So ideas please! Well, actually the banshee and chimera have entries (see the first pages), but they could maybe be looked over. Also are other monster resources OK? Any other ideas? Bokvist gave some nice ideas. I also took Konungr's idea of stone leather from trolls. Will wait for the final version of Book of Beasts before I readdress those, but will for these mainly look at entries made by GRAAK in the other thread about that.
4. The Artifact chapter, is it OK? or should I scrap it? I would so very much like some help with fluff text here! New ideas are welcome as well.
5. Could you please list the worst parts with Reforged Power? I know it changes too many things. So I would gladly look into changing that. A lot of work has already been made (but not released yet), like removing pain, going back to Willpower Points being more in line with the original rules.. but with the option of having them move towards Empathy at the end of a session.
Reforged Power made some rather significant changes to crafting. I am thinking of changing crafting talents back to what they are listed as in the PHB, but with slightly added bonuses, like a rank 2 Tanner, could know Taxidermy, etc. Not that I think my existing rules are particularly bad, it is just that again, they change to many core rules?
Then I if I keep the crafting talents as in the PHB, I could just add an optional rule:
Optional, Any ranks above the first in a crafting talent, could add a cumulative +1 bonus when crafting or repairing objects made with that talent, but if so any item masterwork bonuses works as a penalty when repairing such an item.
- So if the rule is used, then players will have an easier time crafting their own gear as long as they invest in higher ranks of their crafting talents. If they do not invest in talents, and relies on buying/stealing masterwork items, they instead have a penalty in that those weapons are harder to repair. Kind of a simple rule to boosts the value of getting the higher ranks in crafting talents?
As for materials they could all change to be more simple like:
Steel: If steel is used instead of iron when crafting an item, it reduces any penalty from making a masterwork by 2.
6. Do you agree, will this much lighter approach be better?
As for the "Book of Beast - Alchemy talent", here I will need to see the changes that are being made before I decide anything. What I will likley do:
Have the "Book of Beast - Alchemy talent" be renamed as "Apothecary". It will do the same or a very similar job, just better balanced. Poisoner will likley go back to keeping its own talent.
The "Reforged Power - Alchemy talent" will likley stay with the name "Alchemy".
Apothecary will be about how things affect the body, and Alchemy will be about changing the elements of the earth.