Angelman
Topic Author

Re: What's next (after Colonial Marines Manual)?

Tue 13 Sep 2022, 10:40

Building Better Worlds is slated for a 2023 release.

Last week, Gaska confirmed in a FB dicussion that what's next up after Building Better Worlds "will likely be a space trucker adventure and spce trucker campaign sourcebook". (My emphasis).

I sort of have a feeling that we'll continue exploring the Border Bombers/Engineers angle going forward, which might very well take us to Origae-6 or somewhere else far beyond the 20 parsecs line. The bigger Engineers plot was sniffed at repeatedly during DoW and CMOM, and -- with Gaska appearing absolutely unafraid to tackle big questions in the game -- I wonder if we won't start untangle that stuff post the marines stuff.

Also, I made a mistake in the past and presumed that Building Better Worlds would get its own cinematic adventure release after BBW comes out, but Gaska corrected me by pointing out that Heart of Darkness _IS_ that BBW cinematic release. (I sort of saw the 3rd installment of the 26 Draconis Strain trilogy as a standalone thing, but it is connected to BBW, which makes me VERY excited for Building Better Worlds!).
"And the rain sets in,
it's the Angelman.
I'm deranged".
--David Bowie, I'm Deranged

Gebohq

Tue 13 Sep 2022, 19:43

If it's not space truckers, I thought I recalled in some random interview that they might consider something corporate-based. My guess is that they might merge space truckers and corporate together in the next sourcebook, especially if it happens to come out and draw from the Alien TV show.
I sort of have a feeling that we'll continue exploring the Border Bombers/Engineers angle going forward, which might very well take us to Origae-6 or somewhere else far beyond the 20 parsecs line. The bigger Engineers plot was sniffed at repeatedly during DoW and CMOM, and -- with Gaska appearing absolutely unafraid to tackle big questions in the game -- I wonder if we won't start untangle that stuff post the marines stuff.
I think Gaska said that was his intent, though he also said he'd be steering clear of stuff like Origae-6 I think since that plot might be revisited in a future movie. I could be wrong on that though.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net

Midnightplat

Sat 17 Sep 2022, 08:26

Thanks for the more recent info. And oopsie, I just remembered "Building Better Worlds" is actually Weyland-Yutani's slogan, so I'm imagining the book probably shfits from the military and "nation state" power plays in the Colonial Marines book and probably does build the storyline, shifting the focus more toward bad actors on behalf of "the company" as opposed to the nation states. Also enrich non military play and the colonist and space trucker roles.

Really, also just looking for a KS that might stretch us a Ripley Mode.

wmarshal

Wed 26 Apr 2023, 17:23

Happy to pre-order Building Better Worlds. The preview information has me excited, particularly the section on “The Lost Worlds”.