O.G. Readmore
Topic Author

Will we see a campaign like The Darkening of Mirkwood?

Thu 01 Sep 2022, 15:00

Do we have any indication what the future plans are for The One Ring? Have any additional supplements been announced beyond what was in the Kickstarter? Most importantly, will we get a campaign like the Darkening of Mirkwood?

I would pay A LOT for a new campaign and supplement book by Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan! Like, a LOT.

Thanks!

Otaku-sempai

Re: Will we see a campaign like The Darkening of Mirkwood?

Thu 01 Sep 2022, 16:43

Well, we know that Moria is in the works, though we don't know yet how much it differs from the Moria supplement that C7 was developing. I might be forgetting about something else that's been hinted at. Anyone?
#FideltyToTolkien

Andwise

Thu 01 Sep 2022, 17:19

That sounds good. I also hope they announce some new TOR2e stuff soon!
In the meantime, how hard is it to adapt TOR1e to TOR2e? I know journey is a bit different. Also some of the notation for adversaries seems different. Shouldn't be too hard though, right? I haven't played through the 1e stuff yet, so that is a wealth of material!

Andwise

Thu 01 Sep 2022, 17:47

Well, we know that Moria is in the works, though we don't know yet how much it differs from the Moria supplement that C7 was developing. I might be forgetting about something else that's been hinted at. Anyone?
A Moria supplement would be amazing!

O.G. Readmore
Topic Author

Fri 02 Sep 2022, 22:26

I did some googling, and it looks like Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan was working on Moria for C7 and as of 2020 was working on a 'v2'.

I really, really hope this gets released!

Harlath

Sat 03 Sep 2022, 00:18

That sounds good. I also hope they announce some new TOR2e stuff soon!
In the meantime, how hard is it to adapt TOR1e to TOR2e? I know journey is a bit different. Also some of the notation for adversaries seems different. Shouldn't be too hard though, right? I haven't played through the 1e stuff yet, so that is a wealth of material!
Adapting from TOR 1e to 2e is so easy you can do it on the fly. The core of the rules are the same, and for checks that are easy/difficult in 1e you can just apply +1d/-1d (or even -2d for very hard checks!). Plus use the superior 2e journey rules.

Adjusting adversaries takes a little prep, but they've all been done already on the TOR discord server (in the resources channel): https://discord.me/theonering.

Hope this helps! :)

We also know from some interviews that a series of linked adventures are coming, similar to 1e's Tales from Wilderland.