pagnabros

Re: Dragonbane Quickstart Feedback

Wed 31 Aug 2022, 17:00

Maybe I'm missing something but beside attribute and skill checks, Intelligence seems to be a very underused attribute and a candidate to become a dump stats by min-maxers. I would like for Intelligence (and in general attributes) to have a more important role in the system.

samirvsmachine

Wed 31 Aug 2022, 17:07

I would like to see abilities or traits that give free attacks in a similar way we have in Symbaroum.

Clevername

Wed 31 Aug 2022, 18:42

Where are the “Derived Ratings” chart or info.? So far Attributes don’t do anything in the game.
Derived Ratings are not in the quickstart.
For now, the only direct use of attributes that I saw are:
- Fear: "When struck by a fear attack you must immediately make a roll against your base Willpower attribute.".
- Death: "Death Roll: On your turn in each subsequent Round, you must make a death roll – a roll against your Constitution attribute."

But we kinda can guess some of the interaction:

Max Health Points = Constitution
Max Willpower Points = Willpower

Weapon Skills are either half STR or AGI, or the full value if the character has some kind of proficiency in it (I'm guessing here).
All the other skills are trickier, since I don't see a clear pattern, so they could involve some other modifiers (maybe random ones?).
Thanks for the info! I hope they update the QuickStart. I am on a discord with a lot of Free League fans and we are all scratching our heads that this was left out.

dkdi3983

Wed 31 Aug 2022, 22:20

p. 17, second column, Death Roll section, first sentence: Change "a roll against you Constitution attribute" to "a roll against your Constitution attribute".

hrvoje

Thu 01 Sep 2022, 12:35

Hitting a Weak Spot on page 21 metions optional rule on page 17 that piercing attack can find a weak spot in armor. That optional rule is missing.

Serafino_Gubbio

Thu 01 Sep 2022, 12:52

Hitting a Weak Spot on page 21 metions optional rule on page 17 that piercing attack can find a weak spot in armor. That optional rule is missing.
Yep, it's on page 15, it's one of the possible effects of a critical hit if you use the optional rule for damage types.

fskn

Thu 01 Sep 2022, 13:26

This is not so much a critique on rules, more a suggestion for the way currency is laid out on the sheet. It looks great (the whole sheet looks super nice), but as one type of coin is 10x the value of the other, if you inverted the position of Gold and Copper on the sheet, it would be easier to do convertions. You wouldn't need so much to do them mentally, you could see it right there on the sheet.

For example, if you had 1 silver... you would have the equivalent to 10 copper coins:
GOLD | SILVER | COPPER
  0  |   1    |   0

And if you had 2 gold coins, it would be the equivalent of having 200 copper coins, or 20 silver coins:
GOLD | SILVER | COPPER
  2  |   0    |   0

I know this is very nitpicky, but I think it would read so much better.

gsusaeta

Thu 01 Sep 2022, 14:12

Animal Kinship (Orla moonsilver character sheet)
For 3 additional WP you cann command the animal companion to attack an enemy (free action for you).

Typo in cann. It should read
For 3 additional WP you can command the animal companion to attack an enemy (free action for you).

Also the ability is of no use in the Riddermound adventure but could be fixed giving Orla an animal companion at the beginning of the adventure.

Serafino_Gubbio

Thu 01 Sep 2022, 16:17

Also the ability is of no use in the Riddermound adventure but could be fixed giving Orla an animal companion at the beginning of the adventure.
I mean, the adventure starts outside of the mound, so she can use it before entering.
But yes, there should definitly be a couple of examples for animal companions.

Von Ether

Thu 01 Sep 2022, 20:08

double post
Last edited by Von Ether on Fri 02 Sep 2022, 04:38, edited 1 time in total.