Desrimal
Topic Author

Star of the Mist question

Sun 28 Aug 2022, 14:01

Hello there!

I'm starting a campaign in a few weeks. None of us have been playing TOR before, so everything could go wrong :)

I'm having a bit of trouble visualising the entire area of the "Star of the Mist" adventure. I might very well have missed something in the description.
Is there any reason, why the heroes can't go straight to the tower after crossing the bridge and thus skip the cave, the flooded chambers and the accursed halls?
Even better: Could someone perhaps draw a rough map and post it (artist skill not important)?

Narl

Re: Star of the Mist question

Sun 28 Aug 2022, 18:07

It isn't described really well so I had to draw a hasty diagram for my players. As described in the book, the ruined town and tower are on the other side of the ravine. I made the far side the ravine higher than the close side (so not only would the heroes have to cross the ravine, but also climb a vertical cliff). What is on the other side of the ruined town isn't described, so I described it as backing up to a mountain with a very high sheer cliff behind the town. It was enough that the players didn't consider any other way but the bridge.

Desrimal
Topic Author

Re: Star of the Mist question

Mon 29 Aug 2022, 18:43

OK. Thanks. I'm glad to hear that I'm not only one struggling. Did your players go to the caves or straight to the tower, and do you remember what they based their choice on?