Ptimot
Topic Author

Can Enemies Become Weary By Losing Endurance?

Thu 25 Aug 2022, 18:01

Hey All, the core rule book reads that enemies become weary when they deplete their hate rating but shouldn't they also become weary when their endurance falls below their load? I can't find any mentioning on the enemies loads or possible fatigue? Any idea? Thanks as always?

Harlath

Re: Can Enemies Become Weary By Losing Endurance?

Thu 25 Aug 2022, 18:13

Adversaries don't have Load ratings, they're defeated when their Endurance reaches 0.

But you could have a situation where you attack an exhausted or poorly fed foe and they're Weary. Perhaps this is all due to a clever plan/well executed Skill Endeavour from the players. :)

HunterGreen

Fri 26 Aug 2022, 13:32

They also become Weary when they run out of Hate or Resolve.
TOR/AiME Discord: https://discord.me/theonering
Narvi, the TOR bot for Discord: https://bitbucket.org/HawthornThistleberry/narvi/

Ptimot
Topic Author

Fri 26 Aug 2022, 14:09

Thanks All as usual!!!

I think this is kind of a weakness in the rules. I was just playing and the players all fell weary but the Orcs kept fighting normally and one of them with 1 endurance point...hard to narrate.

I may take some freedom from the rules here...

Niallism

Sat 27 Aug 2022, 17:05

Well nothing is stopping you from spending the last point of Hate belonging to the Orc and making it Weary. And that usually makes sense. Don't forget you can spend Hate on any roll, eg a Protection Test.