Nukenin
Topic Author

LAPD Resource Requests

Sat 27 Aug 2022, 02:53

I have some minor questions concerning the Requests.
1. I suppose that in most cases the "Turnabout" means the number of shifts that it takes to gain clearance for a specific resource, am I right?
2. I also assume that concerning non-classified mainframe access, it just means that Blade Runners spend one shift there to access the mainframe and do all the requests they can imagine (unless they are restricted), right?
3. What about surveillance drones? Following my logic it would take 1 shift to apply for those drones. But what about the "immediate" drone assistance then, to track fugitives? And how long can drones be accessed? Can the Runners use them for many shifts or only until a specific goal has been achieved? Do the Runners have to use the drones themselves, thus one Runner will sit back to follow the drones feed while it' s flying about? Or is the RIT flying the drones and just dishing out the results to the Runners?

Nukenin
Topic Author

Re: LAPD Resource Requests

Tue 13 Dec 2022, 16:36

Does anybody have any thoughts on how to handle these things?
How is this handled in other groups?

Grimmshade

Wed 14 Dec 2022, 00:14

For drones, which my PC's just used, I basically had the turnaround time be how long it would take to get the info. I also allowed them to continue the surveillance into the next shift. I didn't make them control the drone personally.

I'm pretty loose about the requisition rules, using them as guidelines only. Just go with what makes sense.

Nukenin
Topic Author

Sat 31 Dec 2022, 15:44

Thank you for the input, that really helps :)

Have a Happy New Year!

Kaybe

Thu 02 Mar 2023, 20:37

Actually, I also have a question about turnaround time.

Is that time a period that's taken up by a PC? If a resource needs 1 shift of turnaround, does that mean a PC needs to sit and wait one shift at that location for this resource to be ready? Or can that PC do something else while waiting?