Acmegamer
Topic Author

Updates to Starter Box Set & GM Screen

Mon 15 Aug 2022, 17:31

Does anyone know what was updated to the Starter Box set, GM Screen and Rivendell files? It looks like eight total files were updated through DriveThruRpg, but I'm not sure what in the files was updated. I'm asking because I like to update my physical books as well when there are corrections/errata. I wish Free League would put out an errata list when they do these updates.

Timdalf

Re: Updates to Starter Box Set & GM Screen

Mon 15 Aug 2022, 17:59

Yes, I downloaded the raft of Updates... It would be very helpful if a listing of changes were to be compiled and posted... a "corrigenda and addenda" sort of thing, to use academic jargon... I know this would be very difficult to produce... there are probably tens of dozens if not hundreds of very subtle changes... but it would be so useful. Perhaps during the editing process this catalogue of changes was ultilized... And even if this is asking for way too much, above all, we are grateful that Fria Ligan and the designers are keeping the material fresh and (most certainly) responding to players' questions and problems.

Harlath

Mon 15 Aug 2022, 19:25

The substantive errata is here: https://freeleaguepublishing.com/wp-con ... a_2204.pdf

Rivendell tweaks just look minor, changing typos, putting high elf attribute bonus at the start of the cultural blessing to make it clearer. Suspect similar for the other books, mainly tidying up.

Acmegamer
Topic Author

Sat 20 Aug 2022, 06:56

The substantive errata is here: https://freeleaguepublishing.com/wp-con ... a_2204.pdf

Rivendell tweaks just look minor, changing typos, putting high elf attribute bonus at the start of the cultural blessing to make it clearer. Suspect similar for the other books, mainly tidying up.
Thank you Harlath. :D

steviewevie

Sat 20 Aug 2022, 16:04

It would be helpful if in future updates there's some sort of indicator within the book itself as to which version it is. E.g. a version number on the credits page.

Marco Rafalà

Sun 21 Aug 2022, 20:02

I'm updating these now from my DriveThru Library. Does anyone know the difference between these two files?

The_One_Ring_Core_Rules.pdf -- Size 31.7 MB
TOR_Core_Rules_2203.pdf -- Size 32. MB

Harlath

Sun 21 Aug 2022, 22:26

I'm updating these now from my DriveThru Library. Does anyone know the difference between these two files?

The _2203 version is the newer version and incorporates the errata linked in my post above, plus a few minor typos etc.

Hope this helps!

Marco Rafalà

Mon 22 Aug 2022, 14:13

The _2203 version is the newer version and incorporates the errata linked in my post above, plus a few minor typos etc.

Hope this helps!
It does. Thank you!