jisidro
Topic Author

Just started and have an issue with a combination of Talents

Fri 12 Aug 2022, 13:40

Hi,

Just started playing Symbaroum and ended up with a non-magic Indiana Jones type. I have loremaster and also wanted some combat abilities as I have no magical abilities. Because we are 4 and there is a ranger type already I searched and found the feint+backstab combo. Seems to be good at novice lvl as I don't want to invest in combat, I'd rather go for explorer type stuff.

This created some controversy within the group and google didn't help us out.

- Are attacks made with Feint (Short of precise weapons) made with advantage, meaning +2 hit, +1D4 dmg?
- Backstab seems to combo with this ending up with Weapon dmg + 2D4.

Precise Weapons range from Rapiers to Bastard swords. How does this compare to other dmg combos? Is it too much?

If you guys can help it would be great. Thank you!

MutantFromMars

Re: Just started and have an issue with a combination of Talents

Sat 13 Aug 2022, 18:36

Basically, yes, that's how it works. Feint is a Passive action grants you Advantage when you use Discreet with a Short/Precise weapon, and Backstab is a Reaction triggered when you attack with Advantage.

Can your character take down a lone Rage Troll in a single action? Possibly, if you max out on all your rolls. Is it too much? Personally, I'm good with it, you spent two Talents to get this combo and its what your character is good at. Besides, opposition can be tough in Symbaroum, so things tend to balance out in actual play.

Also, remember Backstab only triggers once per turn, so its just on the one attack, and a bastard sword loses Precise if you're not using it two handed....

Not sure about other combos, our warrior is a spearman and he took Man At Arms, Iron Fist and Polearm Mastery. He does ok. :D

jisidro
Topic Author

Re: Just started and have an issue with a combination of Talents

Sun 14 Aug 2022, 12:07

Thank you!

Any combos you guys disavow or house rules you use?