fougerec
Topic Author

Strongholds and Income

Sun 07 Aug 2022, 17:29

Do strongholds generate any income? Otherwise things are hella expensive. Like a single guard is 1 silver a day. If the only source of income is the adventurers raiding tombs and dungeons etc. how do they even manage?

Fenhorn

Re: Strongholds and Income

Sun 07 Aug 2022, 17:56

My players have calculated all the weekly income they have (they have excluded building material) from various functions. They have built a marketplace but there is also a friendly nearby village so we just assume that the goods are sold/bartered there. They have also (of course) added all the weekly cost. My players have a net gain of about five or six silver a week or so and I have told them that this is not money, they can pick from the goods that they produced to a value of their net gain. Simple, fast, just takes a couple of minutes to check and adjust the bookkeeping.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

fougerec
Topic Author

Re: Strongholds and Income

Sun 07 Aug 2022, 18:09

My players have calculated all the weekly income they have (they have excluded building material) from various functions. They have built a marketplace but there is also a friendly nearby village so we just assume that the goods are sold/bartered there. They have also (of course) added all the weekly cost. My players have a net gain of about five or six silver a week or so and I have told them that this is not money, they can pick from the goods that they produced to a value of their net gain. Simple, fast, just takes a couple of minutes to check and adjust the bookkeeping.
I was thinking of something similar. Give them a reason to find other villages, map out trade routes, protect those routes etc.