Lesten
Topic Author

House rules and VTT

Tue 05 Jul 2022, 16:19

So I wanted to try the Forbidden Lands VTT module, but I'm unsure how it would work with house rules.
Is it possible to modify or add rules, and if so, how complicated is it? (I should add that I've never used Foundry.)

For instance, we have a house rules that you only regain 1 point per attribute when you rest or sleep instead of all of them. I'm guessing this might be an automatic thing in the VTT module?
Another example is that we sometimes roll a d36 on the critical hit tables instead of a d66 (when you're broken by only 1 damage). Would that be possible?

Fenhorn

Re: House rules and VTT

Tue 05 Jul 2022, 16:26

Since this is a question about the VTT, you might find a quicker answer over at Year Zero Worlds discord (they have a VTT sub-channel) or of course at Foundry VTT discord (there is a free league sub-channel there).
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

fougerec

Re: House rules and VTT

Wed 06 Jul 2022, 14:53

So I wanted to try the Forbidden Lands VTT module, but I'm unsure how it would work with house rules.
Is it possible to modify or add rules, and if so, how complicated is it? (I should add that I've never used Foundry.)

For instance, we have a house rules that you only regain 1 point per attribute when you rest or sleep instead of all of them. I'm guessing this might be an automatic thing in the VTT module?
Another example is that we sometimes roll a d36 on the critical hit tables instead of a d66 (when you're broken by only 1 damage). Would that be possible?
For Foundry - healing only one attribute you'd have to do it manually (i.e. not use the rest button). You can add/remove damage with right click/left click. The critical dice change you'd need to create a new critical table for.