"or a seasoned veteran, hardened"

Both seasoned and veteran are levels of experience on the next page so maybe

"a seasoned, officer, a veteran, even an old timer, hardened..."

Jacob Rodgers

Re: Early Access Feedback - Core Rulebook Chapter 2

Thu 23 Jun 2022, 02:17

Chinyen Points (page 34)

Starting Chinyen

It's not super clear that you roll for your Chinyen points as part of character creation. It's implied by the character sheet but maybe "You get a number of Chinyen
Points at the start of the game by rolling the die indicated by your archetype and modified by your years on the force."

Colgrevance

Sun 26 Jun 2022, 13:49

p. 034 - Chinyen Points:

The last paragraph (More Chinyen) refers to "selling things on the Black market (page 204)", but Black markets are on p. 209. Besides, there are no rules or guidelines for selling things (on black markets or elsewhere) in the whole book, so the reference (which is given in a rule context here) is misleading, in my opinion.

Sol

Fri 01 Jul 2022, 21:50

I hope I'm not too late with this:

Page 41: Cityspeaker:

"You know every lófaszt on a first-name basis, all to oust the worst and turn blind eyes to the rest."

Please rewrite it like this:

"You know every lófasz on a first-name basis, all to oust the worst and turn blind eyes to the rest."

The word "lófasz", which was in the movie means in Hungarian: "horse dick", it's seldom used as a label for a person, but when it is, then the meaning would be "douchebag".
In the movie the person uttering it as such "lófaszt" - the 't' ending changes the infinitive case into an objective case, and the meaning changes towards something like "fuck you", or more elaborately "fuck you, never going to happen"
So as you see, just a little letter 't' changes the meaning of the word into something completely different.

How I know this: I'm a native speaker. Huge fan of Free League games, and I want this to printed right, just don't have too much time coming here.

Vader

Sat 02 Jul 2022, 09:12

Page 41: Cityspeaker:

"You know every lófaszt on a first-name basis, all to oust the worst and turn blind eyes to the rest."

Please rewrite it like this:

"You know every lófasz on a first-name basis, all to oust the worst and turn blind eyes to the rest."

The word "lófasz", which was in the movie means in Hungarian: "horse dick", it's seldom used as a label for a person, but when it is, then the meaning would be "douchebag".
In the movie the person uttering it as such "lófaszt" - the 't' ending changes the infinitive case into an objective case, and the meaning changes towards something like "fuck you", or more elaborately "fuck you, never going to happen"

Not to start a discussion, but there is an important aspect to take into consideration:

Although using a word of Hungarian origin, Gaff isn’t actually speaking Hungarian. Cityspeak most likely uses quite different grammatical rules from the languages it borrows its vocabulary from. Also, words may have shifted in meaning.

So, who can say "lófaszt" isn’t entirely correct?

My tendency in a situation like this would be to treat the movie as canon.
Before you use the word "XENOMORPH" again, you should read this article through:

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/aliens-throwaway-line-confusion

9littlebees

Sun 03 Jul 2022, 17:06

p29 Starting Attributes

"For example, you could create an Old-Timer (with just one free increase) with the starting attribute levels C, D, A, C by decreasing Agility to D and thus gaining an extra increase to raise Intelligence to A."

As all attributes start at C, one free increase would bump Intelligence (in this example) up to B, not A. This should read:

"For example, you could create an Old-Timer (with just one free increase) with the starting attribute levels C, D, B, C by decreasing Agility to D and thus gaining an extra increase to raise Intelligence to B."
I make YZE games (https://drivethrurpg.com/browse.php?author=Matt%20Kay) and produce predominately Free League content on my YouTube channel (https://youtube.com/@3skulls)

Tomas
Site Admin
Topic Author

Sun 03 Jul 2022, 18:30

Hm, no - the Old-Timer gets one free increase, and another one by reducing Agility to D. This gives two increases, allowing the increase of Intelligence from C to A.
Fria Ligan

9littlebees

Mon 04 Jul 2022, 09:50

Ah yes, of course! Doh!
I make YZE games (https://drivethrurpg.com/browse.php?author=Matt%20Kay) and produce predominately Free League content on my YouTube channel (https://youtube.com/@3skulls)