Pg 105

"leading from penthouses to pubs, court rooms to cartels..."

Should be:

"leading from penthouses to pubs, courtrooms to cartels..."

Vader

Re: Early Access Feedback - Core Rulebook Chapter 5

Fri 24 Jun 2022, 12:12

To clarify my point in an earlier post:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't blimps been retired by this time period? While blimps are a city wide advert, I think advertising in later decades is much more personalized.

Blimps have indeed been discontinued in the game’s timeline (hence my "in the 2019 period, when they still had blimps").

I'm thinking that the blimps, as we see them on-screen in the original movie, didn't fly on a very high altitude; they seemed to be cruising between the high-risers, perhaps 50m above street level.

Which means that what they broadcast was, while far from individualised as advertising is now, at least adjustable to specific target audiences on a city block level.

Meaning in turn that when we see a blimp passing overhead advertising Off-World Colonies when Deckard has noodles in a seedy street side establishment, that message is clearly not directed at any of the city’s wealthier echelons.
Before you use the word "XENOMORPH" again, you should read this article through:

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/aliens-throwaway-line-confusion

griff

Fri 24 Jun 2022, 21:18

p. 112:
Encircling this juggernaut are the Silicon Slums of Chinatown, where DNA Row and Animoid Row house only the best (or most unscrupulous) contractors in bioegineering.

Kirdan

Mon 27 Jun 2022, 19:07

Page 126, Traveling off-world:

The moon is also a major protein manufacturer, where a large portion of the planet is paved with terraformed biofarming plants shipping protein to Earth or other colonies.

Nope. The moon is not the planet in any universe. Please, rephrase this.
„Hope is the first step on a road to disappointment”

Vader

Wed 29 Jun 2022, 10:23

p.94, LOWBORNS AND HIGH SOCIETY, second paragraph:

An upstairs/downstairs cultural divide has taken root between the megarich and megapoor in LA. Only there is no staircase connecting the two halves of society now.

This may be a bit sloppily phrased — it doesn't really convey that the author, in spite of referring to Dickens and Austen [BTW, why Jane Austen but not Charles Dickens?], really understands what an "upstairs/dowstairs" society actually is.

The term describes a system where, in a typical great house or townhouse back in the pre-Great Depression society, the family living in the house had their chambers and activities on the upper floors of the building, while the household staff — the people that serve the family: butler, housekeeper, maids, cook, chauffeur, footmen… — is mainly active and housed on the lower floors.

Note that the "downstairs" people were far from poor by contemporary standards. They were "working class", yes, to use the Marxist term, but they were still relatively well-off. In other words, "downstairs" refers to a servant class — one of the backbones of the society — not to a "disenfranchised" or "excluded" class.
Nor were the social strata in this sense by any means insulated "out of sight, out of mind" from one another. Rather the contrary, "upstairs" and "downstairs" interacted very closely.

Not at all what the book puts into the term, in other words.

I'd say that what the book tries to convey is a new definition of the term "upstairs/downstairs".

I therefore propose that the fist sentence ought to be rephrased as follows:

An entirely new kind of "upstairs/downstairs" cultural divide has taken root between the megarich and megapoor in LA.
Before you use the word "XENOMORPH" again, you should read this article through:

Vader

Wed 29 Jun 2022, 16:13

p.94, LOWBORNS AND HIGH SOCIETY, third paragraph:

Two distinct classes and cultures can seamlessly co-exist in the same building.

Isn't the whole point here that not only is there a seam between them — there's a watertight bulkhead, with not even a staircase connecting the two?

Vader

Fri 01 Jul 2022, 21:01

2nd PDF p.117, RETIREMENT ROW:

I am not entirely convinced it is all that relevant to cens- ... pardon, politically sanitise the not-really-derogatory word "homeless" to "unhoused" in the fifth sentence, when the third sentence uses the derogatory-for-damn-real word "gutter rats"...