Kikouk
Topic Author

Missing some rules...

Tue 14 Dec 2021, 11:48

Hi there,

I'm New in french Symbaroum RPG and just finished reading both basic rulebook and player's book and after a second verification, I haven't found some basics things needed to play. Could you answer this?

- about endurance : how player's are supposed to improve it with time and experience ? Do they really stay at 10 or their force value all time long??

- How temporary corruption is supposed to decrease? It's just written "decrease with time" in the corebook... Disapears 1/hour, per day? Totally after a scene, after a day, between adventures or else ?

- about corruption, is the only risk to get physical changes and eventually ending up turning into abomination at thé end or is there another mecanism, like some malus on tests, some Lost of endurance, some monstruous abilities acquired?

twilight

Re: Missing some rules...

Thu 20 Jan 2022, 18:44

I don't understand your reference to endurance. Can you give more context or a section reference?

Temporary corruption is removed at the end of the scene. This could be a single fight or multiple days of travel. Scene delineation is completely up to the GM.

Nothing except gaining the mark and becoming an abomination. It is a slippery slope since any time you pass your threshold (or gain corruption if you started above your threshold), you gain 1d4 permanent corruption. Also note that, as of recent errata, the permanent corruption gain is officially *EVERY* time you gain corruption while above your threshold (a lot of groups are not using this as it makes mystics completely useless once they hit their threshold).

BytomMan

Re: Missing some rules...

Sun 26 Jun 2022, 05:54

Toughness is based on Strong. You can gain the Ability Exceptional Attribute to increase it and then Toughness.
Hi there,

I'm New in french Symbaroum RPG and just finished reading both basic rulebook and player's book and after a second verification, I haven't found some basics things needed to play. Could you answer this?

- about endurance : how player's are supposed to improve it with time and experience ? Do they really stay at 10 or their force value all time long??

- How temporary corruption is supposed to decrease? It's just written "decrease with time" in the corebook... Disapears 1/hour, per day? Totally after a scene, after a day, between adventures or else ?

- about corruption, is the only risk to get physical changes and eventually ending up turning into abomination at thé end or is there another mecanism, like some malus on tests, some Lost of endurance, some monstruous abilities acquired?