jlaakso

Re: Early Access Feedback - Core Rulebook Chapter 6

Sun 19 Jun 2022, 20:01

132: "Horizontally and vertically grow."
Expectation: "Grow horizontally and vertically."

jlaakso

Sun 19 Jun 2022, 20:12

134: Corporations: "Ironic how Replicants fought to escape the city at one point, and now Blade Runners can’t help but notice
a rising number of off-world Replicants trying to sneak back in."
I'm confused by this & can't appreciate the irony as the BR lore is that abused Replicants come back to Earth to hide, as seen in the original movie's cast & plot.

jlaakso

Mon 20 Jun 2022, 10:08

Not an error, but I find it very confusing to have the Sympathy and Empathy movements be a different thing, and indeed opposites. The two concepts (sympathy and empathy) are so close thematically, I struggle to tell them apart.

Original AJ

Mon 20 Jun 2022, 10:57

Page 137: "So while beauty salons are regular chop shop patrons, it’s the only way to help some Reps in desperate need."
Seems like this sentance has got mangled in the editing, I can't work out what it is supposed to be.

CitizenZero

Mon 20 Jun 2022, 12:59

Not an error, but I find it very confusing to have the Sympathy and Empathy movements be a different thing, and indeed opposites. The two concepts (sympathy and empathy) are so close thematically, I struggle to tell them apart.
I mentioned this somewhere else as well. The Sympathy movement would feel bad for the plight of the Replicants, while the Empathy movement would be able to understand the pain/stress the Replicants are under.

That just seems super confusing and narratively wouldn't accomplish the intended goal.

Colgrevance

Wed 22 Jun 2022, 10:30

In the pdf bookmarks, there are two sections named "GOVERNMENT AGENCIES". The second actually goes to the "Special Interests" section and should be labelled as such.

PRAdams

Mon 27 Jun 2022, 17:32

Consolidated below.
Last edited by PRAdams on Mon 27 Jun 2022, 17:37, edited 1 time in total.

PRAdams

Mon 27 Jun 2022, 17:36

Pg. 134
"Whenever the UN or colonial big wigs have business on Earth, the CDP is close behind. It’s not uncommon for the CDP to enlist (aka order) your assistance."

big wigs should be bigwigs.

"There are company secrets being bought, sold, and stolen every minute, and most megacorps acknowledge, if not openly embrace the cold war rife with espionage and sub- terfuge."

Missing comma.

"There are company secrets being bought, sold, and stolen every minute, and most megacorps acknowledge, if not openly embrace, the cold war rife with espionage and subterfuge. "

PRAdams

Mon 27 Jun 2022, 17:46

Pg. 135
"True, some are thinly-veiled pub- licists for the UN and megacorps."

No hyphen for ly adverbs in compound modifiers.

"True, some are thinly veiled publicists for the UN and megacorps."

PRAdams

Mon 27 Jun 2022, 18:36

Pg. 141
"Yet stray even a razor’s edge from the official Wallace narrative, and that razor will lash back straight for your throat."

Lash could in theory work here (very loosely, attacking/beating/retaliating), but with your use of the razor metaphor, I would propose slash as a more appropriate option. Lash is most often associated with something whip-like, not something razor-like.

"Yet stray even a razor’s edge from the official Wallace narrative, and that razor will slash back straight for your throat."