Tomas
Site Admin
Topic Author

Early Access Feedback - Core Rulebook Chapter 3

Thu 16 Jun 2022, 11:09

Hi!

Please use this thread to report any typos or errors in Chapter 3 (Skills & Specialties) of the Early Access PDF of the BLADE RUNNER RPG Core Rulebook. Guidelines to remember:
  • Before reporting an error, please check and see if it already has been reported, and if so, don't report it again.
  • If you want to discuss or feedback something that is not a clear error, don't do it here - instead, please start a new forum post the specific issue.
Please report your feedback no later than July 1 2022. After this date, we may not be able to make any further changes.

Thank you!
Fria Ligan

Bearbottle

Re: Early Access Feedback - Core Rulebook Chapter 3

Thu 16 Jun 2022, 18:03

On page 54, on the Critical Sucess paragraph, "You act quickly" is listed twice.

Thank you for the amazing PDFs, keep up the good work.

Kaybe

Fri 17 Jun 2022, 00:48

Page 61 - Merciful. Says you can reduce the Crit Die rolled for critical injury. Reduce in what way?

LATER EDIT: Just reread this and I believe it means crits rolled against others, not crits rolled against yourself, correct? If so, recommend clarifying it so text instead says "when you inflict a critical injury on another ..."
Last edited by Kaybe on Sun 19 Jun 2022, 04:28, edited 1 time in total.

durick

Sun 19 Jun 2022, 00:25

Page 054:
The type of Base Dice to roll depends on your levels in the skill and attribute, see the table below.

Table is to the right, not below.

shenotski

Mon 20 Jun 2022, 06:47

The stress reduction specialities are fine the only issue is that all characters if they focus on stress reduction will being a chain smoking alcoholic origami maker. One suggestion make it so that there is a max of stress reduction that can be gotten from those activities, that way if I want to play a gaff like character I'm not forced to eventually being like Rachael and Deckard for roleplaying purposes. OR simply make it a single talent named something akin to 'Personal Vice'. Treat it like the HP and stress reduction talents. So you'd take it up to 3 levels much like the HP and Stress gain talents. This has the same function and allows more variety in characterization. Maybe sex could be a vice for a character. Something that would add roleplaying. Simply a suggestion.

Kaybe

Mon 20 Jun 2022, 13:40

NITPICK - Page 61 - Married to the Job: I don't think this specialty is all that useful as written simply because you become out-of-sync with the rest of the group as well as the world around you. The general idea of three shifts and then Downtime is that that Downtime is generally at night when everyone's asleep. So you'd basically have an extra shift before sleeping to do little or nothing since your partner(s) will be asleep as well as most of L.A. And then when your partners and the city wake up, you're forced to then have Downtime. I do like the idea of a specialty that allows some form of resistance to stress from skipping Downtimes, but perhaps one where you won't be out of sync with the other players might be better.
Last edited by Kaybe on Mon 20 Jun 2022, 14:00, edited 2 times in total.

Fenhorn

Mon 20 Jun 2022, 13:51

Moderator Message: ...and now the potential exploit of the stress recovery from multiple specialties have been reported, lets not debate this here.
Hi!

Please use this thread to report any typos or errors in Chapter 3 (Skills & Specialties) of the Early Access PDF of the BLADE RUNNER RPG Core Rulebook. Guidelines to remember:
Before reporting an error, please check and see if it already has been reported, and if so, don't report it again.
If you want to discuss or feedback something that is not a clear error, don't do it here - instead, please start a new forum post the specific issue.
Please report your feedback no later than July 1 2022. After this date, we may not be able to make any further changes.

Thank you!
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Fenhorn

Fri 01 Jul 2022, 17:24

p.61 - Gearhead. This specialty is linked to favored items and that concept has been scrapped.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Tomas
Site Admin
Topic Author

Fri 01 Jul 2022, 17:37

Yep thanks this has been noted and fixed!
Fria Ligan

BoredDane

Fri 01 Jul 2022, 18:36

Gearhead should also be taken out of the archetypes, in case that’s not part of the fix.