andershl
Topic Author

Forbidden Lands rules reference sheets

Sat 02 Apr 2022, 09:07

Hi fellow players and GMs.
I though i would share a handy little handout for players and GMs learning their way around the Forbidden Lands ruleset.
We used this handout for our home group and revised it a few times over the course of the campaign.
It's available on itch.io: https://andershl.itch.io/forbidden-lands-rules-summary
I hope it can help some people to get into this great game.
A small shoutout to idleredhands.com and their Forbidden Lands reference sheets. I drew plenty of inspiration from them when creating this.

Konungr

Re: Forbidden Lands rules reference sheets

Sun 03 Apr 2022, 14:55

I added all the actions (fast and slow) to a character sheet. I do wish I had a spot for the modifiers for parry and such. Because that is always the bit where people get confused and stumble.

As for your version. I would try to consolidate it down to a single page (front and back can be fine). Quick references at the table only really work when they are quick to use. And flipping through multiple pages is never that.

silverfoxdmt73

Mon 04 Apr 2022, 12:36

Really like it.

Thanks for this.

andershl
Topic Author

Mon 04 Apr 2022, 13:00

Thanks for the feedback!

Good suggestion on consolidating it down to a single sheet, Konungr!
It certainly would make sense for more experienced groups, as a reference document. For instance, at our table, the "Combat round" and "Roll the dice" sections were used relatively seldom compared to the "Actions" and "Modifiers" section. So there are some obvious places on could trim the fat :)

However, having a summary of the rules at hand did help the teach of the game for my players. And the flipping of pages did not provide a big obstacle in that.
So my hope is that this document can help other groups trying to learn the game.

Mordante

Mon 04 Apr 2022, 13:25

I think this great...thanks!

shane18

Sat 09 Apr 2022, 05:37

Very nice! Thank you. :D

andershl
Topic Author

Mon 11 Apr 2022, 07:35

Hey ander, wouldn't you mind sharing the open file so we can adapt the content to PT-BR using our official translation, so you can make it available in your itch page as well? We would love to use it.
Hi Primo.
I can shoot you a PM with a word file, you can use it to make your content adaptation however you like. I hope that can help you.

Kind regards
Anders

Denis

Tue 12 Apr 2022, 03:28

Very useful! Thanks for sharing.

Tamdrik

Thu 09 Jun 2022, 22:40

This is great! I'll be printing a few copies for our upcoming campaign.

One suggestion: For the "Defence" table, it might be nice to include a Disarm column, and parrying a ranged attack with a weapon should maybe have an asterisk, since it can be done with Rank 2 in the associated weapon talent.

Also, minor note, in the Actions tables, you denote actions that can be performed while Prone with an asterisk, but you don't do so for the "Get Up" action. Not that anyone should be confused by that, but just in case you're a stickler for consistency. There's also a typo in the passage on negative dice: "subtract negative [sixes] form positive [sixes]".

Khorsa

Thu 16 Jun 2022, 03:39

Thanks for this!