tak5haka
Topic Author

Question about Socialite equipment

Wed 01 Jun 2022, 01:54

So, one of the characters in my upcoming game is a Socialite, from the Mythic Britain book. The equipment is listed includes a "country estate", but I'm trying to figure out what this means from a game point of view - does this affect resources/capital, is it simply a potential safe haven somewhere other than the Castle in Upsala? Anyone got any thoughts on this?

Fenhorn

Re: Question about Socialite equipment

Wed 01 Jun 2022, 09:15

In the base game, there is one background that gives the player a horse and carriage. That is something that you normally hire at a location or you can get it through an upgrade to the HQ. Some of the "items" can have a very narrow usage perhaps. The horse and carriage for example could be of use if the players can get to the mystery location with that but if they need to take the train or a boat, then no. The apartment and the estate falls into the same category, I would give it the same benefits that an hotel rooms gives, but works of course only in mysteries that takes place nearby. Like most of the items, can be useful sometimes. Also, the so called "personal" items are items that define who you are, not always useful from a gameplay point of view.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

tak5haka
Topic Author

Wed 01 Jun 2022, 16:52

Cheers - I thought as much. Looking over the character, it may well be the hook for a future mystery, tying in to their dark secret, but it's early days yet. I sense a conversation with the player at some point :)

tak5haka
Topic Author

Thu 09 Jun 2022, 10:23

Well, a good chat with the player revealed a happy accident in regard to the country estate - we've agreed on a location for it which has lots of potential for future mysteries, which is good to know.