Ohgodwhybees
Topic Author

Adventure order

Fri 25 Mar 2022, 23:32

I was wondering if the adventures in the DM's guide, the booklet and then the stretch goal PDF's had an agreed upon order?
I've tried googling I see a few different answers depending on if you add in throne of thorns content or not.
thanks!

toturi500

Re: Adventure order

Sun 27 Mar 2022, 15:47

I’d go with what makes sense for your campaign. I started with The Promised Land free intro adventure, then converted & adapted The Howling of Damned Gods from Adventure Pack 3, with characters arriving at Prios Pass In the caravan from The Promised Land. I’ll then fast forward to the next part of the Copper Crown trilogy, Tge Mark of the Beast, which I’ve already converted to RoS, then roll them into the final part, The Tomb of Dying Dreams. I’m rereading Wrath of the Warden to convert that across to RoS as well, but we’ll see where we are as a group before diving into that.

Ohgodwhybees
Topic Author

Mon 28 Mar 2022, 12:25

thanks so much for the info! I'll look into that tonight. How easy did you find converting from symbaroum to RoS?
is it mainly switching the monsters and ability checks?

jonathanpay

Thu 19 May 2022, 11:09

I swear I read something that gave a sort-of order of play (by levels) for Ruins of Symbaroum specifically. I did the same thing with my group, I did howling of Damned Gods shortly after The Promised Land and then I remember reading that Howling was mean to be a level 6 scenario not a level 2-3 scenario... /shrug

I cannot for the life of me think of where it was that I read it though. Was it here on the forum, was it on the KS?

Edit: It was on KS, the print collections of the adventures:
Featured adventures: The Promised Land (level 1), The Mark of the Beast (levels 2-3), Tomb of Dying Dreams (levels 3-4), Fever of the Hunt (levels 4-5), The Bell Tolls for Kastor (levels 5-6), The Howling of Damned Gods (levels 6-7), What's Bred in the Bone (levels 7-8), Call of the Dark (levels 8-9) and Retribution (levels 9-10).
Christian. Husband. Father. Antipodean. Egalitarian. Cinephile. Boardgame and ttrpg enthusiast. Jack-of-all-trades. World's first second-generation email geek.