Harlath

Re: New titles from Free League!

Thu 12 May 2022, 18:14

Thanks for confirming. Playing in a Ruins game so I’ve just read the back matter.

eternalsage

Fri 13 May 2022, 00:21

The backgrounds were the one part of 1e that I could have done without, so I'm not all that worried with it. I think it was a waste of resources then and now lol. Would have much rather have had that energy go into updating the Rohirim etc.

EDIT: Not that I'm upset. I'm not. Was ambivalent to begin with and remain so, lol. Just to be clear.
Last edited by eternalsage on Fri 13 May 2022, 00:39, edited 1 time in total.
“It is useless to meet revenge with revenge; it will heal nothing.” - Frodo Baggins, Return of the King

Harlath

Fri 13 May 2022, 00:27

Ok, fair enough. Thanks for the insight on that. That makes sense.
No worries, glad to help! :)

HipsterBeard

Fri 13 May 2022, 02:15

I haven’t read my copy of ruins of the lost realm bar the appendix/alternate rules (which are great) but I hear from those that it has spider stats!

It does indeed (although they're not the Mirkwood variety....)
Whoops. I totally missed them! But I only glanced at it so far. Thanks!

TheLastRogue

Fri 13 May 2022, 16:07

I hope Free League will announce or at least speculate soon on when non-backers will be able to buy Ruins of the Lost Realm and these supplements, because the demand is very intense. Over on the Discord I think we get the question once every hour or two. The work of getting those PDFs loaded into DriveThru is done, so it'd seem like they just need to put a price on them and do a press release, but there must be more that I'm not thinking of, or marketing or logistics considerations I'm not taking into account. But even a "we expect to make them available within X" would go a long way.
I missed out on the Kickstarter because I couldn’t afford it at the time, I’ve already got the Core rule set and hopefully soon I can buy the extra supplements.
Me too. The Waiting is the hardest part (cue Petty song...)