baldrick0712
Topic Author

[Merged] Strider Mode

Sat 09 Oct 2021, 17:05

Just wondering if this is hidden in the latest PDFs somewhere or is yet to be released?

SicSicSic

Re: Strider Mode?

Sat 09 Oct 2021, 17:43

It's not hidden, it is yet to be released, like some other SG like People of the Wilderlands or Character Life Paths.

kernowgaz

Strider solo mode.

Tue 21 Dec 2021, 22:31

I’ve just seen the latest Kickstarter update and near the end it says -

Also unlocked as a stretch goal was The One Ring Solo Mode, aka Strider Mode. The first draft has been approved and will now be chiseled and shaped into its final form which will let you experience adventuring in Eriador by yourself, no Loremaster required! We are excited about the possibilities Shawn and Matt has brought to the game and can't wait to share it with you!

I’ve not backed the Kickstarter but pre ordered the complete bundle direct from the Free league publishing website, does anyone know how I’ll be able to get the PDF of the solo mode? I can’t see any information about it anywhere.

Asgo

Re: Strider solo mode.

Tue 21 Dec 2021, 23:26

from looking at the bundle, I don't think it is included in there, right?

based on the wording on the ks page, my guess would be that the "included" part is backer only but it is not exclusive in its availability.
My guess would be, that it will be a PDF option on their page/store once it is finished.

kernowgaz

Wed 22 Dec 2021, 01:16

I don’t expect I’d get it but would like to know how to though. Can’t believe they wouldn’t know by now.

Xelforp

Wed 22 Dec 2021, 11:26

Strider mode is not ready yet, although in the last update we got news that the first draft is complete.

It will probably be made available as a PDF as soon as it's ready. At least I hope so! :)

kernowgaz

Wed 22 Dec 2021, 20:29

I haven’t backed the Kickstarter so don’t when or if I’ll be able to get it.

ottarrus

Strider Mode?

Fri 01 Apr 2022, 02:24

Did Strider Mode ever get released?
Or any of the other character generation stretch goals?

Otaku-sempai

Re: Strider Mode?

Fri 01 Apr 2022, 03:44

Not yet, but it should drop relatively soon (within two or three months?). There was just an update posted on YouTube today.

The remaining stretch goal projects are all in various stages of development (revisions, final layout, etc.).
#FideltyToTolkien

AncientGamer

Strider Mode - Question For Free League

Wed 18 May 2022, 18:31

Presumably Free League representatives monitor this forum.

I missed the Kickstarter and pre-ordered the full bundle from the store. I realised at the time that the Strider Mode was a KS Stretch Goal but I bought TOR anyway for solo play.

Now that Strider Mode has been given free to backers can someone from FL give a definitive answer as to when it will be released to everyone else on DriveThruRPG please?

Seeing everyone talk about Strider Mode and watching videos means the FOMO is real! There’s no apparent barrier to releasing it to everyone now and I’m sure it would increase sales for solo players holding back purchases etc. Plus FL would get a warm fuzzy feeling knowing they’ve made me and others happy!