Aiden Harrison

Re: Suggestion for Ruins of the Lost Realm publication

Mon 28 Feb 2022, 19:50

I'll do it for a couple of quid :D

gyrovague

Wed 02 Mar 2022, 19:59

Jacob and I proof-read most of the 1e expansion books for C7 as volunteers, for nothing but a credit, and now take a look at where Jacob is.

Worth considering.

Turkalin
Topic Author

Wed 02 Mar 2022, 20:48

Hi! I think it's not a question of money, after all, we have all already bought the book :D But it's really annoying (to me, at least) opening the Rivendell booklet and there it is, on the first page: "RIVENDELL OVERVEIW" on the map, for ever and ever. If just delaying the printing by two weeks can avoid these silly typos, I for sure will read and report as many of them as I can find. I don't think we'll need much time: on the main errata post, most of the reports have been done on the very first days after opening, so if it can be done, I'll gladly do it. If not, well, it was just a suggestion.

coz_b

Wed 02 Mar 2022, 21:36

But it's really annoying (to me, at least) opening the Rivendell booklet and there it is, on the first page: "RIVENDELL OVERVEIW" on the map, for ever and ever.
Thanks. Now I can't unsee it :shock:

Turkalin
Topic Author

Wed 02 Mar 2022, 21:40

:D :D :D Sorry ;)

Asgo

Wed 02 Mar 2022, 23:24

But it's really annoying (to me, at least) opening the Rivendell booklet and there it is, on the first page: "RIVENDELL OVERVEIW" on the map, for ever and ever.
Thanks. Now I can't unsee it :shock:
don't look at the Eriador name on the map in the book ;)

Aiden Harrison

Thu 03 Mar 2022, 02:39

Jacob and I proof-read most of the 1e expansion books for C7 as volunteers, for nothing but a credit, and now take a look at where Jacob is.

Worth considering.
Good point.

Niallism

Thu 03 Mar 2022, 06:28

Worth considering.
That is nice - honestly - but the effects on society of paid work vs unpaid work for 'visibility', or unpaid internships, is pretty complicated, with many wider social and economic negatives to balance the happy stories of an individual who gets ahead by donating their work.

steviewevie

Thu 03 Mar 2022, 10:21

That is nice - honestly - but the effects on society of paid work vs unpaid work for 'visibility', or unpaid internships, is pretty complicated, with many wider social and economic negatives to balance the happy stories of an individual who gets ahead by donating their work.
I couldn't agree more with this. It's one of the reasons (generalising to all RPG publications in general) for poor editing and proofreading in the industry - not using paid professionals.

gyrovague

Thu 03 Mar 2022, 17:51

I couldn't agree more with this. It's one of the reasons (generalising to all RPG publications in general) for poor editing and proofreading in the industry - not using paid professionals.
Thanks for summarily dismissing our hard work as being "poor".

Any evidence for your theory? Or is just that it seems to explain your perception of the industry, so you don't need evidence in order to believe it?