Finnac1e
Topic Author

Foundry and Forge question

Thu 17 Feb 2022, 11:33

Hi, a newbie question: does Forge include all possible VTT core material and campaigns from Fria Ligan games, e.g. Alien and TW2k?

I already purchased Foundry (plus some VTT stuff from Fria Ligan), but I’m beginning to realize that I should be a graduate engineer in IT to get everything working perfectly and in a secure manner in Foundry.

Thanks for any insight in advance :)

Fenhorn

Re: Foundry and Forge question

Thu 17 Feb 2022, 11:42

Besides that someone here might know these things, questions about foundry vtt probably have a higher chance being answered over at the Foundry VTT discord (there is a free league section there) or at the Year Zero Worlds discord (that has a vtt section). There is also a contact form in the free league webbsite that can be used to ask free league directly about things.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Rangertheman

Re: Foundry and Forge question

Sun 20 Feb 2022, 22:46

The Forge is just a hosting service on which you can run Foundry VTT. A very good one, I might add. All systems and purchased modules are available through the Bazaar at The Forge. I find hosting services like The Forge superior to self-hosting for two main reasons: 1) You don't have to worry about ISP settings, firewalls, ports, etc., and 2) You and the players can access the game anytime and from anywhere, without you having to have a server running. The downside is that it costs a few bucks every month.
Proofreader Extraordinaire