Carcharoth
Topic Author

Question about drop in total KS campaign funding.

Tue 09 Mar 2021, 22:45

This was my first KS campaign, and I was present at the launch party stream to see the funding go above the 2 million USD mark by several thousand dollars. I looked at the campaign page today and noticed that the total funding dropped down to ~1.99 million USD. I'm curious; is this normal? Is the page reflecting the cut that KS took from FL, or was there a batch of credit card errors that resulted in less money being charged, or something else?
"Of all the terrors that came ever into Beleriand ere Angband’s fall the madness of Carcharoth was the most dreadful; for the power of the Silmaril was hidden within him."
- The Silmarillion

gyrovague

Re: Question about drop in total KS campaign funding.

Tue 09 Mar 2021, 23:00

This was my first KS campaign, and I was present at the launch party stream to see the funding go above the 2 million USD mark by several thousand dollars. I looked at the campaign page today and noticed that the total funding dropped down to ~1.99 million USD. I'm curious; is this normal? Is the page reflecting the cut that KS took from FL, or was there a batch of credit card errors that resulted in less money being charged, or something else?
Fluctuating currency exchange rates.

Carcharoth
Topic Author

Tue 09 Mar 2021, 23:10

Fluctuating currency exchange rates.
Wow, I guess I didn't realize how much currency fluctuates within a week. Thanks!
"Of all the terrors that came ever into Beleriand ere Angband’s fall the madness of Carcharoth was the most dreadful; for the power of the Silmaril was hidden within him."
- The Silmarillion

Xelforp

Wed 10 Mar 2021, 13:36

Could possibly also be changes in pledges, ie. some people deciding to buy fewer add-ons? Or is it locked now?

Otaku-sempai

Wed 10 Mar 2021, 16:51

Could possibly also be changes in pledges, ie. some people deciding to buy fewer add-ons? Or is it locked now?
UPDATE #22
What now? Pledge Manager Soon. Late Backing Possible.
Hello!

We've had some time to rest and take stock of everything and hope that we find you all in good spirits today. We would like to to talk about what comes next for The One Ring Second Edition!
#FideltyToTolkien