zephyr40k
Topic Author

Best RPG map making tool for TFTL

Wed 05 Aug 2020, 02:05

Hello,

I'm looking for a map-making tool I can use for my TFTL campaign. Most of the tools I see out there are designed with fantasy games in mind; they have a distinctly medieval tileset to them. What do you folks like to use for TFTL?

TheEarnestBunbury

Re: Best RPG map making tool for TFTL

Fri 11 Dec 2020, 22:55

Hi,

I can't attest to how good it is yet because I've only recently purchased and haven't had a chance to try much with it, however Campaign Cartographer 3+ might be worth a look. It is a bit of a learning curve, though mostly because it means getting used to a CAD software - but I've seen some nice looking stuff done with it. There are a lot of symbol expansions (Symbol Set 3 is for modern maps), though most of them appear to be in their Annuals - September 2007 has a city map style, June 2010 has a modern political map style, and May 2011 has modern road map style,

I picked up a collection at Humble Bundle a little while ago but apparently it has featured there two or three times, so it's worth keeping an eye open for deals like that.

I plan to use my annual leave in January to try and get a handle on it, so I'll update with the results and let you know if I'm impressed or just back to seeking another solution.