bveld
Topic Author

Stand Ground combat task

Sun 01 Nov 2020, 18:16

The Stand Ground combat task says the following: "Heroes wielding a two-handed weapon may profit from the superior reach of their war gear to keep multiple adversaries at bay. When it is their turn to take action, heroes choosing to Stand Ground spend 1 point of Hope: until it is again their turn to take action, all close combat attacks targeting them roll the Feat die twice and keep the worse result."

Would you say that only weapons that are described as a "Two-handed weapon" on page 126 of core book would qualify, i.e. great spear, great axe, mattock. Or could a weapon that can be held two-handed qualify? i.e. long sword and long-hafted axe?

I would go with the former group only as the description mentions superior reach, which I do not know how much would apply for a long sword for example.

What are your thoughts?

Falenthal

Re: Stand Ground combat task

Sun 01 Nov 2020, 22:16

I could accept both options: reducing the eligible weapons to those that can only be wielded two-handed makes sense from a realistic point of view. But from a mechanical/fun point of view, broadening the spectrum to any weapon wielded with two hands (long-hafted axe and long sword) seems very interesting.

If I had to choose, I'd allow long swords and long-hafted axes when wielded two-handed to also use Stand Ground. It seems more interesting for the players and, besides, the cost of 1 Hope point is high enough not to be too worried about it being abused.

bveld
Topic Author

Re: Stand Ground combat task

Mon 02 Nov 2020, 18:55

Thanks Falenthal for your reply. It makes sense, for the sake of fun, I will go with including both groups as you suggest.