Valyar
Topic Author

Mork Borg Ruleset for Fantasy Grounds [Release Ready!, Looking for collaborators!]

Sun 12 Apr 2020, 20:57

Repost from: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/s ... laborators!

--- 

MORK BORG, an artpunk RPG!
A doom metal album of a game. A spiked flail to the face. Rules light, heavy everything else.
MÖRK BORG is a pitch-black apocalyptic fantasy RPG about lost souls and fools seeking redemption, forgiveness or the last remaining riches in a bleak and decaying world. Who are you? The tomb-robber with silver glittering between cracked fingernails? The mystic who would bend the world’s heart away from it’s inevitable end? The world is dying. And you with it.
By Pelle Nilsson Text, Johan Nohr and dead people!!!

It is rules light, easy to run and has no chains attached, except when you have to drag your fat loot from the dungeon! 

I hope I have your attention now! Due to the lockdown and spike of games I run and play at, I felt some burnout and had to escape to some totally different system for a change. Suddenly I found myself extremely excited by this game.
MorkBorg-Screen01.jpg
MorkBorg-Screen01.jpg (163.17 KiB) Viewed 3243 times
MorkBorg-Screen02.jpg
MorkBorg-Screen02.jpg (187.62 KiB) Viewed 3243 times
I hope I have your attention now! Due to the lockdown and spike of games I run and play at, I felt some burnout and had to escape to some totally different system for a change. Suddenly I found myself extremely excited by this new game, published from my favorite company Fria Liga, and developed by totally mental people (in the good way Image ).

Without further ado, I present you the first release of the ruleset and a call to arms!

Release Notes:
v1.0 - Initial release. Part of the character sheet is still based on CoreRPG constructs, which requires templates to be provided for convenience.

Things to do:
- Remove CoreRPG constructs and customize the Actions column appropriately
- Add desktop panels for Difficulty Ratings (optional for players)
- Combat Tracker to show weapons/hp/armor rolls for fast play
- Whatever you suggest or find entertaining to do

Call to Arms
I want to develop fully working ruleset, based on the CoreRPG for this jewel. I am half way there. Need assistance on the LUA part. Ping me if you can and want to help. Image
Last edited by Valyar on Thu 16 Apr 2020, 09:21, edited 2 times in total.

Valyar
Topic Author

Re: Mork Borg Ruleset for Fantasy Grounds [Incomplete, Looking for collaborators!]

Mon 13 Apr 2020, 19:15

After half day of work and extremely annoying pixel-level adjustments of the various checkboxes, frames and lists and strings of support text, the character sheet is now polished and ready for game. The ruleset now provides completely playable experience and I already started doing the module for the small but awesome content.

Still have to do the combat tracker and find time to move away from the CoreRPG Attribute/Skills frame, but this requires LUA dark magics that I have energy and capacity to handle at the moment. If someone wanna join, you know where to find me :)
MorkBorg-Screen03.jpg
MorkBorg-Screen03.jpg (229.88 KiB) Viewed 3242 times

Valyar
Topic Author

Re: Mork Borg Ruleset for Fantasy Grounds [Release Ready!, Looking for collaborators!]

Thu 16 Apr 2020, 09:23

The authors granted me permission to publish the ruleset. I updated the first post to reflect the nature of the changes. You can download it from the Fantasy Ground's forums post linked above. Any feedback you can leave here or there :)

Let' the mayhem begin!!!  :twisted: